Gross morning. Make me feel better!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Caesar753, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 25, 2015

My friend student taught in a very mouse infested school. The kids did not even react when mice ran across the room during lessons. At least once a week a mouse would be discovered in a toilet (restrooms in the class). Sometimes alive,sometimes dead.

2. melnm

melnm Companion

Oct 25, 2015

When I taught three year old preschool one of my students was very upset and crying. As I was holding her on my lap trying to get her calmed down, I felt something warm and wet on my legs. I quickly set her down, but not quick enough. I learned then that not only the kids needed to bring a change of clothes, but I did too!

3. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Oct 25, 2015

years ago student teaching a mouse freaked out students, then scampered from classroom to my bags (unknown to me until later...) to my drive to my credentialing school, back to my car and then, while I was driving, up my seat and onto my left shoulder. I never knew I was scared of tiny mice until then. How I avoided a car accident I do not know.

And oh yes I have had all sorts of mold - current classroom leaks every time it rains and my ceiling tiles are bloated with water and mold retention. School's answer? to go up there with a ladder and screw them in. (two fell once during parent conference night!) EEEWWWW!

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Oct 26, 2015

I had a child poop in her pants but it fell out onto the floor and I stepped in it. Same student peed in her chair and didn't tell anyone. I found it when I sat down in the chair after school to have a meeting.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Oct 26, 2015

I forgot about the time a kid sneezed green snot onto my foot. I was wearing sandals. Barf.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Oct 26, 2015

Custodian came to my classroom one day and told me that he'd caught several mice. I thought it was odd that he needed to tell me that, and then he added that he had borrowed my peanut butter to bait the traps. OMG! Who does that?

7. Samaran

Samaran New Member

Oct 27, 2015

I was walking from one classroom to another, getting ready to go into a grade 8 classroom. I was almost at the classroom door when I noticed a piece of poo on the floor across from the classroom door. I carried a walkie talkie, so I called for a caretaker to come for a "cleanup". While I waited, I stood guard. It was the time for classes to change, so soon the hall was full of students and I was frantically trying to steer them around the poo. It took almost 10 minutes for a caretaker to arrive; everyone (staff and students) got a good laugh out of MrsC's "supervision duty". We never did find out where the poo came from!

free online store builder online shoppingecommerce softwareonline shoppingdaily deals

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015