Gradebook Software

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by coachhill05, Jul 18, 2007.

1. coachhill05

coachhill05 New Member

Jul 18, 2007

Anyone know of any good gradebook software out there? I have been looking around, but I don't know which ones are good ones. Thanks!

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2007

We use Easy Grade Pro in our district. I love it!

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

5. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

Our district has gone with the Skyward system. It's online, so the kids and parents have 24/7 access to it. We can work on grades from ANYWHERE without having to carry "take-home' disks. Scheduling, standardized test scores, attendance, nurse's office info., and discipline are all done through the system. I'm sure the district is paying a pretty penny for it, but IMO, it's worth it!

6. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

In my old district we used PowerGrade and I loved it. This year I'll be using E-School but have not yet had the training.

7. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2007

Our district uses PowerSchool and PowerGrade. I love using PowerGrade, and it is nice to have the teacher access to PowerSchool. I can look up schedules, health records, current grades, etc.

8. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Jul 19, 2007

I use classbuilder becuase it comes free with my edhelper subscirption and I like it, but I am looking for something better that has online grade access, I am thinking of using Snap Grades, I took the tour and it seemed functional.

9. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Jul 19, 2007

www.engrade.com

It's free and web based. I haven't used it personally, but it has been recommended on this board before.

10. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Jul 19, 2007

Thanks, Mendy. I will have to give that a look.

11. sdzbgdr

sdzbgdr Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

Do they have the bugs out of PowerSchool/Grade?

I liked it ok except all the bugs in it. Can one still click "Don't Save" and it saves changes anyway. After some long time the tech people did tell us to check some box somewhere to for a fix, but the fix then made it very difficult to do a lot of normal things.
    Also, do they have a way to scale the grades like most grade books. Last I checked you had to do some math to scale the grades.
    Powerschool/Grade was good for attendance and parents being able to check. But I think it came with to many other things that were not worth the money.

I like Microsoft Excel best. Just a little math and you can do anything - and set up templates for everyone else to use. Doesn't have all the stuff you don't need. Parents would need it though so they could check grades at home, but that would probably be a lot cheaper.

12. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2007

I didn't run into any problems in Powergrade except for not being able to get one report to print exactly the way I wanted. I could easily weight my grades and create codes for entering certain other things (NHI for not handed in, EX for excused, etc).

Our whole district uses Powerschool/Powergrade, so it has made record keeping on kids through their whole time with us much easier.