Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by Mrs. K., Jun 29, 2011.
Jul 3, 2011
...I finally got it. Thanks a million for your patience Lynn K.!
no problem. glad to share the addiction!
Looks like I was able to do the "Free items" with the "Free shipping if you order at least $1 of stuff" thing... three times! I didn't imagine I would be able to do it more than once, so I wasn't really ready with ideas, but here's what I made (three times):
* bumper sticker with my name and "Meeting notes" to stick to a colored piece of cardstock to be an insert for a binder cover on a binder I use to take notes at meetings (faculty, dept., etc.) (then I don't have to use my printer ink to make a nice cover! LOL)
* business cards that have my name on the front and also say something like "Excellent Citizenship - see note on back" to hand out to students who exhibit excellent citizenship (I will sign and date back side and perhaps add a note)
* business cards that have my name on the front and also say something like, "Improvement in Citizenship - see note on back"
to hand out to students who have received a phone call home about their citizenship that needs improving (to hand out if I see improvement after a week... I will sign and date back and maybe add a note)
* car magnet which says "If you have been absent, please see me during your lunch" which I will attach to a filing cabinet in the room for everyone to see!!
* a pen that says "Please return to the teacher" (but I put my name)
* personal invitations for dinner at our house (not school-related... we like to entertain so I made up 3 sets of 10 different ones to have handy for inviting friends over... actually, one is for "An evening with friends" and has a martini in the photo so that's not for dinner, per se... will handwrite date and time informatin on the backside)
Darn...wish I would have seen the free shipping link before I made my order... Haha. I guess I could always go back.... lol
What are Rack Cards?
They are like a wider bookmark type thing. Similar to the cards that are on a rack at a store. I use them as bookmarks with reading info on them.
Rack cards are kind of like a large bookmark. They are really intended for those racks in hotels that advertise all the attractions in the area. They are really nice quality - thick cardstock that's glossy.
Jul 4, 2011
I used rackcards for mystery reader invitations.
Any high school SPED teachers order items from Vistaprint? I'm looking for ideas.
I've ordered ink pens, tote bag, mouse pad and things like that before.
Can you order a freebie more than once? Example- I already ordered business cards for me with contact info for parents,, but want to order business cards for good citizenship. Thanks for the idea AnonyMS!
Yes. I have.
Not HS sped, but elementary.
I've ordered over the years
* business cards with my name & school contact info
* brochures to tell about me; bio & classroom set up (open house)
* business cards for super spellers (100% on test earns punch, 10 punches then HW pass)
* business cards for 'Lucky Ladybug' (I give this to reward behavior, also on special occasions bday etc. I draw out tickets and give HW pass to the student who is drawn)
* business cards for nightly reading pass (I have students read every night, if they earn [or purchase in classroom store] a pass it gives them credit for reading 15 minutes that night
* post cards to remind parents of IEP or other meetings
* post cards for clean desk award (has a frog and says 'I'm looking for a clean desk...Was it yours? the back has checklist to award clean desks or to tell student to clean it out at recess or other time)
* red ink stamp says "Absent Today Date: _________" to stamp papers
* black ink stamp with my name in script
* black ink stamp with school name & address (I hate writing it for all the IEP paperwork
* 2 black ink stamps with SECOND CHANCE Please correct and return (I allow students to correct all work below 70% unless a test)
* Oops! post cards (I'm going to give each student 2 per grading period to use if they forget a HW assignment, it will give them an extra day for one assignment)
* stickers for Open House
* address labels as stickers (my name thinks this is awesome work)
* Great News postcards (to send postive notes home)
* pens with my name
* tee shirt with ladybug (my theme)
* red ink stamp FINAL COPY To be filed (for IEP progress reports)
* notepad for missing assignments
* small banner that says Proud Mascot Learning Zone School Name
* small car magnet that has rules on it
And probably more that I'm forgetting.
I have more ideas but haven't been able to design them yet. I'm hoping to take pics soon, so I can have photos to share with others. I've borrowed so many neat ideas from other teachers here.
Karebear what did the stickers say for open house?
You can get one of each free item per order. So you can make another order and get more free business cards. You will need to make a free stamp with colored ink so that you spend at least 1.00 for each order you make if you are using the free shipping link. I usually order 1 of each free item per order when I can get the free shipping.
I just put on the other vistaprint thread that I was able to order two free labels on the same order. I ordered the first free set and then I went back to my e-mail and clicked on the vistaprint free labels link again that they sent me and it worked.
I only had to pay $4 for shipping.
You can get horizontal and vertical business cards on one order. I've done it in the past.
Ok- when I try to finish my order, it has shipping on it eventhough I used the free shipping link and the top of the page says free shipping?!? Any ideas on how to fix this? I already used the free shipping once.
Do you have something that is at least 1.00 in your cart? You must spend at least $1.00 to get free shipping. You can order a free stamp with red ink and red ink is like 1.49 and then the shipping will be free. I used the free shipping link six times so you can use it more than once.
The labels have been weird this weekend. I was able to order labels for free with free shipping yesterday but I cannot do it today.
With free shipping! Wow!!!
Separate names with a comma.