Funny comment of the day

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Upsadaisy, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 12, 2019

I was tutoring a student as she answered a question about John Wilkes Booth.
    Me: Reminds me of that sick old joke, 'Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?'
    Student: Wait. After he shot him, he asked Mrs. Lincoln that?
    Me: ROFL

I have to be very careful how I word things to this student.

3. rpan

rpan Cohort

Mar 13, 2019

I have something funny that happened today. I was teaching convection and how cold air sinks and warm air rises. And student says in a matter of fact manner “and this is why it’s cold in the South Pole”. Bless her heart. The other kids just stared at her gobsmacked.

Upsadaisy likes this.
  4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Mar 14, 2019

:rofl::rofl:

futuremathsprof likes this.
  5. minnie

minnie Cohort

Mar 14, 2019

I have a kindergartner who is very vocal about not liking to do things. I’ve been really on to him about this. Today he mutters it under his breath. I asked him “what did you say?” He said, “uhhh..I love you?”

It was sooooo hard to not crack up!

Upsadaisy likes this.
  6. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Mar 18, 2019

Just say what I say to my students when they say they don’t want to do things, “That’s strange, I don’t remember asking you what you wanted.” :D

7. Unetheladyteacher

Unetheladyteacher Rookie

Mar 19, 2019

I have a kindergarten ELL student who is very vocal. He often requests to sound out words or draw pictures if he wants to spell something or show me something he lacks the words for. I was teaching him about weather, snow, rain, and spring the other day and he goes, "I know this thing that is rain and snow." The word he was looking for was sleet. I drew a picture of a cloud with circles of rain and X's for snow. He looked at my picture and said, "Not like this. I want to do a picture, please." He draws almost the same picture, except he put the X's for snow inside the circles for rain. He looks at his picture and says, "My one better."

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 21, 2019

A few years ago I had a student who didn't want to do his work one day (autism self contained classroom). I asked him why and he said because I'm retired!!! I told his mom what he said and she said his grandpa had just retired and told him that meant he didn't have to work anymore :toofunny:

Upsadaisy and futuremathsprof like this.
  9. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Mar 21, 2019

Working on 3d shapes. There was a picture of a soup can and so I told the kids it was a chicken noodle soup can. A few minutes later I heard a kid tell his partner that Chicken Little soup is good for you when are sick.

Upsadaisy likes this.