Fundraising Ideas for School=>HELP!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Youngteacher226, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2011

Hello all!

A few of my colleges and I are starting a girl mentoring program at my school this school year and we are really excited about it! :hugs: In order to do all the activities we want to do and go on the field trips we are planning, we are going to need to do some fundraising. I am in charge of this. Does anyone have any great ideas for fundraising? Maybe something you did at your church, your school, etc.? I'm new with this kind of thing so any ideas will help!

Thanks! :)

3. SingBlueSilver

SingBlueSilver Companion

Aug 12, 2011

1. Do restaurant nights...Usually chain restaurants like Chili's, Panda Express, pizza places, etc. will donate 20% of a person's receipt if they present a flyer.
    2. Hold a "free" car wash at school, group participants donate the car wash supplies, monetary donations in exchange for a car wash are not required but happily accepted in support of your group
    3. Hold in-formal lunch time school dances sponsored by your club. Charge a small admission ($1-$3?), and instead of hiring a DJ, just play CD's/MP3's from someone's IPod over the speaker system in the auditorium/gym
    4. Buy candy bars/packs in bulk from Costco and sell them for $1 a piece.
    5. Sell snacks and sodas after school like otter pops/popsicles on a hot day or hot chocolate on cold mornings/afternoons
    6. Stock up on school supplies RIGHT NOW like notebooks (20-cents each at Target right now and a 5% discount if you use your Red Card) then turn around and sell them for $1 each at school
    7. Create templates for Candy Grams, make photo copies on colored printer paper supplied in your school's workroom, sell them during the winter holidays and Valentine's. Attach a lollipop to them and deliver them during homeroom. Sell them for $2 each. Same can be done with helium balloons, though they're more troublesome and should be delivered towards the last part of the day so as not to distract from classes.
    8. "Penny Wars". Each homeroom/classroom can be provided with a large container. Dimes = 10 points, nickels = 5 points, quarters = 25 points, dollars = 100 points, etc. Pennies are negative points. Classes can "bomb" each other with pennies. The class with the most "points" wins a prize like extra recess time, a movie day with popcorn, etc. All coins collected will be donated to the girls group. It's important to try and keep a count as frequent as possible and have some preliminary results so the kids know who is winning and losing and whether or not they need more dimes/nickels/quarters or if then need to "bomb" another classroom to get ahead.

4. Ms.SLS

Ms.SLS Cohort

Aug 12, 2011

Some other things done at my school...

1. kids get cute pens, sell them to people.
    2. coupon books
    3. mini-spa day fundraisers (it's a real thing, you have to google it).
    4. Food fair (all clubs get different food to sell at lunch)

5. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

6. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Aug 12, 2011

We hosted a "Parents Night Out" last year. Ones near Thanksgiving and Christmas are usually appreciated by parents because it allows them to go shopping and wrap presents. Last year the kindergarten team hosted. The kids had dinner when they arrived (a slice of pizza, carrots with ranch, and juice. Each teacher created a "station" to run. I know one station was a science experiment station and one was a craft. The students were split up by age into three groups and each group visited a station for about 20 minutes. After stations the kids watched a movie and then parents picked them up. They charged $5 per child and made $80-$100. You could charge more than $5 if you have enough interest in the event. We got the idea for the event from the YMCA. My sister (who is on the kindergarten team at my school) and I both worked at they YMCA for years while in college and we ran similar events.
    The sports program at our school also does a movie night every Friday. I think they charge $5 and the kids get popcorn and a drink. They show the movie with a projector in the auditorium.