FTCE READING K-12

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Bolivar09, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Bolivar09

Bolivar09 Rookie

Jul 27, 2009

I NEED INFO ON THIS TEST I'M TAKING IT IN A MONTH AND I'M WORRIED BECAUSE THE ONLY STUDY GUIDE OUT THERE IS SUPER EXPENSIVE AND IS NOT HELPFUL...... PLEASE HELP ME THIS MY SECOND TIME POSTING A POST ABOUT READING K-12 AND NOBODY ANSWER MY FIRST POST...... I NEED ALL THE HELP THERE IS AVAILABLE.........HELP......HELP......HELP.........HELP....... I THOUGHT THIS WEBSITE WAS 4 HELP.......PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT...... I LIVE IN MIAMI, FLORIDA:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 27, 2009

Test guides that are specific to your test are probably not very common. This is probably just as well.

Most of what follows is free:

Put Reading First, http://www.nifl.gov/partnershipforreading/publications/reading_first1.html, is an overview of the five components of reading (print awareness, phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, comprehension).

ReadWriteThink, http://readwritethink.org/about.html, is divided into three components: Learning Language, Learning About Language, and Learning Through Language.

Literacy Matters, http://www.literacymatters.org/teachers/index.htm, focuses on content literacy and so on reading skills beyond phonics.

Cognitive Foundations of Learning to Read, http://www.sedl.org/reading/framework, is a thorough but accessible overview of reading and related processes.

How to Teach Reading When You're Not a Reading Teacher by Sharon Faber.

Any of the video-on-demand courses on Annenberg Media's Web site, http://www.learner.org, some of which do indeed show children learning to read fluently and learning to comprehend. .

I'd also recommend that you make a point of studying and using the terminology of the field: there should be good glossaries on each of the first four Web sites.

4. DC-28

DC-28 Rookie

Aug 4, 2009

FTCE-K-12-Reading Study/Materials

Hello-Boliva
    I took the FTCE-K-12 Reading Examination about a year or two ago. I have some study materials that would be very useful . Please contact or let me know how I can contact you make sure you receive this information. DC-28

5. Destiny22

Destiny22 New Member

Aug 22, 2009

Could you share some of your study info with me? I'm taking the Reading K-12 test in a few days. Just passed the Elementary K-6 and there was a lot on reading but I think the reading test is much more in depth. Any info you can share would be much appreciated :)

6. ex-sonotech

ex-sonotech New Member

Aug 28, 2009

I'd love to know how you did on your K-12 Reading FTCE Bolivar09....I'm taking mine next week and I'm curious as to how broad the questions ar on the subject of reading.

I took the English 9-12 last week and it was VERY broad. Not sure how I did or if I'll have to retake....great with all the fees going up for the third time in 9 months.

From $25 in Dec to $50 for my GK exam and Prof Ed to now $200 for most everything else....

Thanks!

Melody

7. aam

aam Rookie

Nov 25, 2013

HELP!!!

I know this is an old post, but I would like to know if you might still have the study guide for Reading K-12?? I have not been able to find any good study guides.

8. history

history Companion

Jan 12, 2014

Try the Dade county school district. They should have a department that deals with teacher certification.

9. teach4USA

teach4USA Rookie

Jan 11, 2017

10. teach4USA

teach4USA Rookie

Jan 11, 2017

I know its an old post but wondering if anybody out there has study materials on K-12 TH Reading?????? Thanks everyone.:)

11. teach4USA

teach4USA Rookie

Jan 11, 2017

12. teach4USA

teach4USA Rookie

Jan 11, 2017

I know its an old post but wondering if anybody out there has study materials on FTCE Reading K 12TH.
    Thanks.