FTCE Pk-3 Exam

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by s.shaw, Mar 20, 2017.

1. s.shaw

s.shaw New Member

Mar 20, 2017

I recently took this exam and I did not pass. Since I'm on a tight time frame to pass this exam, I am scheduled to take it again next month in April, but I was wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions on what resources they used to successfully pass this exam. I do have the XAM online Pre K-3 book and since I do not have my score report yet, it's hard to judge on what my weak areas are.

I have reviewed math material on Khan and I've Googled some things to further expand my knowledge, but I am completely lost as to how to successfully prepare and past this test. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3. Loren

Loren New Member

May 22, 2017

Did you pass? I have taken the developmental knowledge portion 5 times. It is keeping me from getting my bachelor's degree... I have studied everything, I don't know what else to do.

4. s.shaw

s.shaw New Member

May 22, 2017

I've taken this test 2 times. The 2nd time I received a 197 in Developmental Knowledge and all I used was the XAM online Pre K-3 book. I haven't passed any of the sections yet the second time My scores were very close, it sucks because I almost passed all 4 sections! I honestly have no idea what else to use to study and review from.

As hard as it is, I try to remember what were some of the questions that stumped me and try to find information on those subjects. That's what I did the second time I took it and I'm not sure if that's what helped me, but my score did improve. So here I am yet again getting ready to take it again next month. Is that the only section you need to pass? What did you use for the other sections, I need help with everything! Paying the retake fee is killing me!

5. Loren

Loren New Member

May 22, 2017

Yes, it is the only section I need to pass in order to get my Bachelor's degree. It stinks! I went in for the first time and didn't study and passed those sections. But I have a friend who used the FTCE secrets study guide book and she said that helped a lot.

6. aspire2teach

aspire2teach New Member

May 22, 2017

Hello. I'm not sure if I can offer much help because I haven't taken the test yet but I've heard of a company called Learning Liaisons that have very good reviews. They have a Video on Demand course that is offered for Prek-3 for like $50 that may help you pass. I plan to use them to help me pass the test along with the XAM book that I recently purchased. Any study tips anyone can provide to help me out will be greatly appreciated!

7. Cmac02

Cmac02 New Member

May 22, 2017

Hi. I just signed up to take this exam again. I printed out the free study guide. I passed it over 10 years ago but I need to take it again now. Any suggestions?