FTCE K-6 Exam

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by Einstein223, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Teachel

Teachel New Member

Jun 7, 2016

Congratulations! Which resources and study guides were helpful to you? I'm taking the SAE k6 this week. Any tips and sugggestions?

2. pdaley

pdaley Rookie

Jun 22, 2016

What did you study to pass the FTCE K-6 math. I'm having difficulty with that...I have passed all the other sections.

3. Mrs.NEWbie

Mrs.NEWbie New Member

Jun 22, 2016

hI,
    I JUST FOUND THIS POST. I GRADUATED MAY1ST WITH A 4.0 AND CANT PASS THE READING OR SCIENCE SECTIONS OF THE SAE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    tHE PROFESSIONAL TEST IS OK IF YOU REMEMBER THAT THERE IS MORE THAN 24 HOURS IN A DAY. I CAN GIVE YOU MORE HELP IF YOU MESSAGE ME.

4. pdaley

pdaley Rookie

Jun 22, 2016

I can definitely share some info on how I passed the reading and Science. How do I send email messages

5. RRH

RRH Rookie

Aug 12, 2016

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  6. RRH

RRH Rookie

Aug 20, 2016

7. itsjustjaynie

itsjustjaynie New Member

Oct 9, 2016

Hello everyone! I am aware that this thread is old but I am in desperate need of help on the FTCE Elemetary Education K-6 exam. Is there anyone who can help me? I have been teaching for nearly three months and the state refuses to pay me as a full-time teacher until I receive my letter of eligibility and in order to do that I need to pass this test. Is anyone has a study guide that would be incredible! Here is how I scored the first time I took the exam:
    Elementary Ed K-6 Subtest 1: Lang Arts and Reading 185
    Elementary Ed K-6 Subtest 2: Social Science 176
    Elementary Ed K-6 Subtest 3: Science 151
    Elementary Ed K-6 Subtest 4: Mathematics 154

I obviously didn't pass but I studied from a book that I lost faith in and I have been studying online resources now but some of the links on here no longer work and neither does the one on my school's website. My university only have workshops from speakers who have "taken the exam" nothing really that I can work on so I see it as a waste of valuable teaching time. I am set to retake this test in a little over a week. Is there anyone that can please reply and give me some help? I REALLY need it and I need to pass this exam so that I can get paid the money I deserve for all of those long hours I am putting in. Otherwise they will only pay me as a part-time teacher which is NOT FAIR at all! PLEASE HELP! Also, I passed the GKE with the exception of the Math portion but not by much. I'm hoping that I have even better luck on this exam.

pdaley likes this.
  8. pdaley

pdaley Rookie

Oct 9, 2016

I truly feel your pain....I have passed all sections except for the MATH...really sucks because there are no resources to help with this test.

9. RRH

RRH Rookie

Oct 9, 2016

10. pdaley

pdaley Rookie

Oct 9, 2016

11. RRH

RRH Rookie

Oct 11, 2016

pdaley likes this.
  12. pdaley

pdaley Rookie

Oct 11, 2016

Thanks... going to check it out

13. sunshineteachings

sunshineteachings New Member

Mar 14, 2017

In need of help passing the FTCE. I already passed the math components but miss the other subets by a few points. I tried a study guide and that did not help. What are some other resources or things you've seen that can help? This is my only and last chance to pass this test

14. Deeg Gee

Deeg Gee New Member

Apr 12, 2017

I am having trouble finding info on what to study and it's so much material..

if anyone has taken the new version ( since 2015) and has tips on best topics to study and what I'll see most on the test... I'll give you the biggest Reddit hug ever.

For example.. the study guide says "know the body's systems" I hear questions on the circulatory system are common but just anything like that to narrow this heap of elementary stuff down would be so awesomee. Thank you all!

15. RRH

RRH Rookie

Apr 21, 2017

Hi,
    One website that helped me tremendously is tinyowlteaching dot com. It's a blog with many valuable resources that will definitely help you. Scroll down to 2015, 2016, and 2017 info. There's valuable resources and sample questions.