FTCE k-6 Am I ready?

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by Love2Teach!, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Love2Teach!

Love2Teach! Rookie

Feb 12, 2013

I am studying to take the ftce k-6 test. I am a career changer so I enrolled in the American Board online course. I have been studying for my test on their website along with a Cliff Notes book I bought that is specific for the test.

I took a practice test in cliff notes and got a 79%.

I answered the questions I found in the test information guide from the Florida Board of Education for the exam and got a 77%

So here is my issue: I took a practice exam online from the American board and got a 64% The exam seemed insane and didn't cover the arts section that I know is on the exam.

I was feeling so confident until I took this last exam with the American board.

I don't know if anyone has any tips/advice. How did you know if you were ready or what were your study methods.

I want to take this once and pass.

Thanks!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 12, 2013

Interesting: there's a section on FTCE that doesn't turn up on "American Board"'s practice test. At that point, I'd start wondering how else the practice test doesn't align with what FTCE K-6 actually tests. Do the "American Board" questions you missed align with the competencies specified by the FLDOE?

4. Love2Teach!

Love2Teach! Rookie

Feb 13, 2013

Thanks for the tip.

I want to try and find another sample test from somewhere else. I think if I do well on that one I will feel confident. If anyone has any suggestions with other places I can find a ftce practice test I would appreciate it

5. Love2Teach!

Love2Teach! Rookie

Feb 17, 2013

I found out what was going on.

The American board subject exam is a whole other test I have to take in order to get certified for them.

So looks like I am ready for the FTCE test. I registered for the soonest available date which was March 9th. After I pass that one I have to brush up for the American board one I guess.

So many exams.....ugh.

At least once I pass the FTCE I can apply for teaching jobs.