FTCE Gen Math Gr. 5-9 Exam Question

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by daylaaviva, May 14, 2008.

1. daylaaviva

daylaaviva New Member

May 14, 2008

Hi all,
    I'm new here. I am trying to go back to work and I need to take the FTCE...General Math Grades 5-9 Exam. Can anyone suggest a particular book or study guide for this exam? I would like to study before registering to take it online.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3. timsterino

timsterino Comrade

May 14, 2008

If you are looking to teach Middle Grades Math it may help your marketability to take the Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum exam. That would give you the ability to teach Math but also give you the flexibility to teach Social Studies, Science or English in the middle grades. I took and passed the exam and it was not that bad.

Sorry I could not answer your original question.

Whatever you decide, good luck!
    Tim :)

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 14, 2008

The Competencies document, which you can access on the FLDOE Web site via the official FTCE Web site, should tell in very broad outline what the test is testing. Once you know that, you might find that some of the resources listed for CSET Math or Praxis II Math are helpful.

5. JayR

JayR Rookie

May 24, 2008

Hi. I did not take the FTCE exam, but I took both high school 0061 and middle school 0069 Praxis math exams. I went to all the non-Praxis state websites for study material, including Florida's, and came to the conclusion that other than calculator differences, all the states' exams are pretty much the same (except California). So, I can suggest to you what I used to study: 150 sample problems at www.praxisiimath.com