FREEBIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by childcare teach, Mar 8, 2007.

1. childcare teach

childcare teach Comrade

Mar 8, 2007

DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD FREEBIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS OUT THERE.WE DO CAMBELLS NOW BUT WE ARE SO SMALL IT IS TAKING FOREVER TO GET ANYTHING.:thanks:

3. Periwinkle

Periwinkle Rookie

Mar 9, 2007

:sorry: I've been looking for free things, too. Any time I find something, it turns out to be for Kindergarten and up. I have even tried to find grants for Pre-K classrooms. They too are Kindergarten and up.
    I sure hope someone else has been able to find something. I am spending so much money on my classroom. I am given $100 a year for supplies. I teach in a public school. Last year I spent way over$1000 of my own money. :eek: If people only knew how much we spend out of our own pockets.
    Let me get off this soap box before I break something.
    Good luck. I hope you find something.

4. childcare teach

childcare teach Comrade

Mar 9, 2007

Did everyone forget about us preschool teachers.Most of us have to pay for our own supplies. I have found that i buy allot from dollar tree and second hand store.

5. mrJon

mrJon Rookie

Mar 14, 2007

My county has a "toy library" that centers can check out toys for a month. It is very nice, we get their train sets, and lego sets too. We also have a county "closet" I don't know how to describe it but they keep a room full of boxes, paper, paint, packing bubbles, old paint brushes, glasses... lots and lots and lots of stuff...

Check with your county children services to see if there is anything like this available. :)

I hardly ever leave a garage sale without something i could bring in for the children... dress up clothes especially. We have a huge pair of skis outside on our lawn, that are too big for them to lift, but perfect for them to pretend lots of things with. Old electronics in our "kitchen" is nice too... a popcorn popper that doesn't pop, and a broken plastic blender (blade removed). they love these things :D.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 14, 2007

7. hollyjolly

hollyjolly New Member

Mar 16, 2007

I used to buy a lot from the dollar stores in our area but the owner recommended that if I want larger quantity I should look into wholesale. A good one I found was crafthobbywholesale.com but there are quite a few others that sell the same stuff. I’ve also tried oriental trading but they are a little more expensive and it took a long time to receive my order (3 weeks!!!:eek: ). Regardless it saved me money because they don’t charge TAX and you don’t have to pay shipping if you order a certain quantity. It’s definitely something worth checking out.