Free Praxis II 0041 Study Guide and Practice Test

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by novaguy1968, Jul 3, 2012.

1. novaguy1968

novaguy1968 Rookie

Jul 3, 2012

Hi, Everyone:
    I purchased the study guide and practice tests from ETS when I registered; I no longer need them, and am willing to part with them for the low, low price of $0.00. Send me an email and let me know you want them, and I will drop them in the mail to you.

3. Bajan

Bajan New Member

Jul 6, 2012

I would love for you to send those resources to me. It would really help me. I failed the test by only one point last time.

4. novaguy1968

novaguy1968 Rookie

Jul 6, 2012

Check your private message box.

5. novaguy1968

novaguy1968 Rookie

Jul 7, 2012

It doesn't appear as if the original poster wants these, so they are still available. Guys, these books cost nearly$40 together if you buy them directly from Praxis (available from their website).

6. jshidele

jshidele New Member

Jul 17, 2012

I would love to have these. I'm taking my test this Saturday at Purdue.

Thanks in advance!

Jen

7. joe4nap

joe4nap New Member

Jul 18, 2012

Praxis practice test

I am taking my praxis in philly at temple this saturday. I bought the study guide for 22.95 with one practice test. I'd like another test to take as I have brushed up on my problem area since my first practice run. Novaguy, do you have more than one test in your possession or did you buy the same thing i bought? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

8. NewGirl47

NewGirl47 New Member

Jul 19, 2012

I'm taking the Praxis Saturday and would love to take some practice tests before then. I'm an anxious test taker so let me know if you still have the file to send them to me. Thank you!!

9. novaguy1968

novaguy1968 Rookie

Jul 20, 2012

Praxis things gone

Sorry...but I can always try to answer any questions you might have. Try being the operative word! :)

10. smlzattia

smlzattia Rookie

Oct 19, 2012

Praxis 0041 in two weeks

Hello, I was just wondering what your advice is on the literary works I should study... and are there many questions on literary time periods and the authors of that period?
    :confused:

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Multitudinous

Oct 19, 2012

smlzattia, welcome to our ongoing anthology. It definitely doesn't hurt to know movements and a selection of representative authors. What's your background in English?

12. smlzattia

smlzattia Rookie

Oct 20, 2012

Thanks! :) No comment on the background in English question... lol I'm actually a criminal justice major doing the career switcher program and I graduated in 2006. I took a couple lit courses but I don't remember anything! I mean I've been reviewing the Cliffs Notes and I just ordered Sparknotes Lit101 as I've seen people speak highly of it. I also have been studying off this site called QUIZLET... which is a pretty awesome site... I'm just nervous about the Lit part basically. I've been reading Summaries here and there and trying to remember characters. I read in someone else's post that we are given 10 Writers to choose from and we have to pick 2 on the test... does that make any sense? Anything you can tell me about the test would be greatly appreciated :)

13. TeacherGroupie

Oct 20, 2012

Have you looked through the free Tests at a Glance doc that Praxis offers for 0041?

0041 is a multiple choice test. A bit over half the possible points come in literature and literary analysis. Some questions may well require you to identify particular works, but the chances are fairly good that more questions will focus on skills in literary analysis - which is much less dependent on knowing the canon.

14. smlzattia

smlzattia Rookie

Oct 20, 2012

Thanks... I reviewed a bunch of posts and narrowed it down to around 15 novels to review... hopefully that will help! I'll do what I can to pass this exam. Wish me luck!

15. ksatcher

ksatcher New Member

Nov 29, 2012

Any advice for what works to review for 0041? that is the only part i am worried about? thank you!

16. smlzattia

smlzattia Rookie

Jan 15, 2013

Well I took the exam twice... first time I had 20 questions left and ran out of time :-( got a 163... 2nd time I had 10 minutes to spare and I got a 162 :-o ... so after reviewing my scores... I seem to be doing really well in the Literature part and identifying works... but my weakness is understanding the poetry and what not... I'm just not that deep :-/ ... so I'm gonna try one more time... I just keep reviewing the same stuff... if anyone has any tips ... pleaaaaaaaaaasse share

17. TeacherGroupie

Jan 15, 2013

Hugs, smlzattia. You've mentioned being a criminal justice major: I dare say you have some facility in locating and using clues to figure out what happened and to construct a case. Analyzing poetry is a lot like that, actually: you need to identify the perp and the perp's characteristics, form a judgment as to the case, and then make the case using evidence from the scene of the literary crime.

18. smlzattia

smlzattia Rookie

Jan 25, 2013

Thanks teachergroupie... I just keep taking practice tests and anything I get wrong I look up ... I'll take your advice ;-)

19. smlzattia

smlzattia Rookie

Feb 13, 2013

Arrrrrrrgh! I failed again!!! got a 167!!! That's a passing score in most of the states! Darn you VA!!!! One more time and I'm gonna have to give up if I don't pass it :~( if anyone has any new resources for Praxis 0041 please share!

20. TeacherGroupie

Feb 13, 2013

Hugs, smlzattia, and congratulations on the four points you picked up!

21. KATeach

KATeach New Member

Feb 15, 2013

Hello all! As I was searching the web I found this site and it looks as if I am among friends. I too am approaching the praxis II 0041...and for the record, I haven't thought about Herman Melville for years. So just know that I am need of some serious assistance in taming this beast. So if there are any resources still floating around, please send them my way...I'm testing 3/14 with a second chance 4/13--

Thanks so much!!