Free links! Lots of science, space, ELA, ESL, Music, Art, PD, Lesson Plans and resources. Enjoy!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by vickilyn, Aug 18, 2015.

1. vickilyn

vickilyn Phenom

2. vickilyn

vickilyn Phenom

Oct 13, 2015

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Phenom

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Phenom

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Phenom

Oct 13, 2015

By now, I am sure some of you are absolutely certain that I must be down to my last couple of links. Well, I collect and keep all kinds of links. I teach science, predominantly life sciences, SPED, ESL, MS ELA, MS Science, and MS Social Studies. I am very concerned and proactive in supporting literacy at every age, and I love lessons that are co-curricular, giving students a better feel fot the fact that all learning is interconnected. It is why we teach the entire student, with their varied strengths and weaknesses. Any teacher who has been doing this for a while understands what I am talking about. I don't teach music, but have an interest that I often use to bridge gaps, and make connections with some of my students and their families.

Why am I telling you this now, after a couple of months? Well, I wish I had a different name for this thread, something that embraced my far flung interests and research. Perhaps with a different title, more people would share their own favorite links, tricks of the trade, or input. This thread has been viewed over 2300 times, which amazes me, especially when I believe that many of those visits were drawn in because of the words "free links" in the title. I had hoped that more of the viewers would become contributors, but that has not actually worked out so well.

I spend a lot of time on the computer, curious about promoting my own education and ways to incorporate more tips and tools of the trade, that I may be a stronger, more prepared teacher. Also, I find that I relish the concept of truly being a "life-long learner" in my own life, while encouraging my students to take a leap of faith, following me with wonder and excitement. Nothing inspires students like a teacher or leader who still gets excited and invested in new ways to learn, connecting the dots of varied subject matter to "reach for the stars."

I would like to ask, once more, that those of you with inspirational, stimulating, amazing, innovative, and wonder filled sites and resources to please share not only with me, but with every teacher who has ever been excited and awed by new viewpoints, perspectives, and cutting edge facts and figures that energize us, makes learning and teaching fun, helping us to find new ways to instruct, building new connections in the brain, stimulating us to always seek answers to the unknown, growing as both teacher and student.

I will hope that each of you will find bits and pieces to share not only with me, but also with all the other posters who are intent on growing, becoming the best teacher possible.

The post I am going to share now fits well with the science in me, and hopefully it will strike a nerve in you. I hope you will enjoy the link, using it to be the best teacher you can possibly be. May it grow the wonder and amazement that you touch and teach in your student's lives. Please enjoy this thread, and whenever possible, I would ask you to share your own moments of inspiration, complete with tools, facts, and figures that will open the eyes of other teachers who are learning and growing along side of you. Nothing would make me happier than if this thread truly encourages and motivates others to try something new, build bridges that lead to the wonders of the unknown, a starting point for trying something different.

So, tonight, I give you this fine link, a bread-crumb that can stimulate and encourage student and teacher alike. I urge you to share with others, and if you are lucky enough to find new paths or byways to learning, consider sharing with us here, on this thread. I will be forever in your debt.

http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/b...s.Par.81926.File.dat/CI_habitats_wildlife.pdf ;)

6. vickilyn

vickilyn Phenom

7. yaswanth

yaswanth New Member

8. Government Jobs

Government Jobs New Member

Oct 14, 2015

9. vickilyn

vickilyn Phenom

10. vickilyn

vickilyn Phenom

Oct 15, 2015