Free College

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by 3Sons, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jan 24, 2015

Ok...so what would that look like? Again, what country do you aspire to be a part of? Explain this to all of us who are "white".

2. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jan 25, 2015

I am certain she meant she doesn't approve of those who are in it only for themselves and are okay with the status quo of only wealthy white male Christians reaping the benefits.

As for what country we aspire to be a part of, it's one where everyone is equally represented in success regardless of race, gender, or orientation. It would be fantastic to be a part of a first world country like the US where the never ending cycle of poverty isn't still such a crippling part of much of the country while 1% or even less than 1% live on excessive surplus. And this poverty is overly represented by brown or black folks.

I personally don't want to be a part of a country where ancient superstitions and religions are the majority of the country and they feel free to impose their rule on the rest of us despite our supposed right to freedom of religion (which apparently only applies to the ruling religion).

I would love to be a part of a country where education is free, and intelligence isn't frowned upon and being a "geek" or a "nerd" isn't something to bully someone over. Where people trust their experts, or at the very least argue with actual evidence and not blind faith.

I would love it if people were allowed to have free thoughts without institutions such as religion and political parties didn't try to stifle thought, and demand only obedience. It would be great to be a part of a country where reason and logical thinking were prevalent, and where people showed empathy towards those who were in a tough situation, not just with their mouths but with action.

I would love a country that is diverse, rational, and united to bring success to everyone.

A country like this probably doesn't exist. There are certain countries that have gotten part of it, but are missing others. I'd like us to be the first example of such a country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.