Free broadband Internet Pilot: NEW cities added!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Love to Teach, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Sep 19, 2010

This is from Teachersfirst.com. I had posted earlier about it, but now see that they have added more cities. Just thought I would pass it on for anyone who is lucky enough to be living in one of the areas listed below. Seems like a great offer....sure hope someone can benefit from it! :)

Hurry before this special offer for educators in specific cities is maxxed out! If you are an educator living in one of these locations or know someone who is, you could receive a FREE 4G Internet device as part of a pilot program from The Source for Learning, Inc. (SFL), our non-profit parent company. SFL has an agreement with Clearwire (commercial provider of wireless Internet) to offer a limited number of Clear wireless 4G service accounts/devices for educational use in certain U.S. cities. As part of this pilot program, SFL will offer a limited number of Clear 4G wireless accounts free to educators in the following locations: Anderson, IN; Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Bloomington, IN; Champaign, IL; Clearwater, FL; Columbus, IN; Flint, MI; Fort Worth, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Miami, FL; Midland, MI; Milwaukee, WI; Muncie, IN; Nassau County, NY; New Orleans, LA; New York City, NY; Nolanville, TX; Northeastern New Jersey (outside NYC); Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Portland, OR; Saginaw, MI; San Antonio, TX; St. Louis, MO; St. Petersburg, FL; Tampa, FL; Waco, TX; Washington, DC. The free accounts will include a user device to receive wireless 4G Internet along with free access to SFLMedia. If you (or an educator you know) are located in one of these communities and you want to learn more details and apply for this FREE offering, read the details and apply for The Source for Learning: Broadband for Education Pilot Project. Feel free to share this information with teacher friends in these locations.

3. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2010

Darn! Still not in my city. :( I would love to do this!

4. Ron6103

Ron6103 Habitué

Sep 19, 2010

I like that it's free, but I used CLEAR's 4G service while staying in Chicago for 3 months, and came away less than impressed. The speeds were mediocre, and I experienced more than my fair share of dropped connections. Obviously I'd take it for free, but I would never pay to use their service again.