Frank Schaffer

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by peridotylayne, Jul 19, 2008.

1. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

Jul 19, 2008

When I was student teaching my mentor teacher had a HUGE binder full of Frank Schaffer publications (I think they came from books that she'd receive or printouts that were like online books) I've been looking forever, but haven't been able to find them anywhere. Anyone know where I could possibly be put on a mailing list or something?

3. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2008

I am very interested to know this too. I have been searching for the same thing (but for k-1) for a few years now. I think the binder I had when student teaching was called The Primary Teachers' Club. Anyway- sorry I can't be of more help but thanks for posting this!!! Hopefully someone knows.

4. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

Jul 19, 2008

Hers I think were primary too. She taught 2nd. I used some of the worksheets from there in my 4th grade class. They were really simple for getting through the basic concepts of closed/open circuits and other things like the water cycle.

5. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Jul 19, 2008

I haven't heard of it at all, but I'm a fan of Frank Shaffer and am interested in it if you can find it, let me know!

6. blue-eyed mom

blue-eyed mom Companion

7. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 19, 2008

When I lived in Arizona, I used to be able to buy Frank Schaffer books at my local Dollar Tree!!!! :eek: I was shocked when I saw them there and scooped them up - I ended up getting 4 books for four bucks. Can't beat that. Now that I'm in California I'm not sure. The closest dollar tree is 15 miles away and with gas being how much it is.....well I just can't justify it. Especially when I have about a billion 99 cent stores all over by me.

8. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2008

A teacher store around here has Frank Schaffer stuff. I love some of his stuff!

9. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2008

I know what it is! I have them, I got them at a garage sale!

It's from Frank Schaffer's Teacher Club which doesn't exist anymore. Apparently, you joined and they sent you certain worksheets/ dividers every week. Seems kind of like an old fashioned version of Edhelper.

A lot of the worksheets are in Frank Schaffer's Best Buy Bargain Series. http://www.frankschaffer.com/
    You could also try Ebay or Book Closeouts to see if you can find them cheaper.

10. Hamster

Hamster Comrade

Jul 19, 2008

I was in that club back in 1993 my first year teaching!!!

11. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

Jul 19, 2008

Ohh!! It doesnt exist any more. Boo :( I'll look into the best buy bargain series. I might have the complete set. She had a huge 3-ring bider full of them and I copied the whole thing :x

12. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2008

I purchased 3 binders, all blue from the garage sale. They were all full!

13. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2008

Ah I'm so bummed. They were awesome binders! I'll search on. Someone has to have them and be wanting to get rid of them... right? hee hee

14. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 19, 2008

I got an awesome book from Frank Schaffer called "Third Grade Review"! I love it and use it all the time! Best part was, I found it in the clearance section at my teacher store!

Most of their books you can look through online, so hopefully you'll be able to find something else that you like!

15. schaefferfan

schaefferfan New Member

Feb 21, 2010

Frank Schaeffer Books...

Hi...

I just wanted to share a link where you all might be able to find some of the textbook/titles you are searching for by Mr. Frank Schaeffer!

Since I am a 'new member', I was just informed I can't post links... you will need to go to the website named and spelled 'bookfinder' and search on his name.

This is a great list!!

Hope this helps...

16. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Feb 22, 2010

I THINK I heard that .... yeah, I think I DID... that Frank Schaefer was bought out. (I was looking too!)

IF SO... you might only be able to find USED Frank Schaefer books through EBAY or the online book sellers.

17. sandybear

sandybear New Member

Jul 14, 2011

Did you have any luck finding the Frank Schaffer Primary Club materials? I know that this post if about 3 years old but I also wanted to finish up my set.

18. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Phenom

Jul 14, 2011

I bought those many years ago. I wonder where I put mine!