Forum Assistance for Future Administrators

Discussion in 'General Education' started by lking30, Jun 19, 2019.

1. lking30

lking30 New Member

Jun 19, 2019

Greetings,

I finished my second master's degree in December 2018 and soon after became certified as a K12 administrator. As soon as I was certified, I began applying as an assistant principal to all districts within driving distance. However, despite nearly two dozen applications, I have not received even a single call back. This is obviously very disheartening and frustrating. I mistakenly thought having two bachelors, two master's, and over a decade in the classroom, with summer stints training for Teach for America, would at least get someone to talk to me.Even my previous school district, where I worked for six years with consistently high evaluations, did not contact me nor did my current employer when a supervisor position recently opened here.

Is there a forum on this site where I can ask for assistance in guiding my job seeking efforts? I honestly do not know what I am doing wrong. My contact information on my resume and applications is certainly correct.

Thank you,

Louis King

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Jun 19, 2019

Have you tried talking with your current administrators, and the administrators you interned with? I'd start there.

4. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Jun 19, 2019

Many times it's not what you know it's who you know.

otterpop and bella84 like this.