Finding Old MSAT Scores

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by cheryllynn, Mar 4, 2017.

1. cheryllynn

cheryllynn New Member

Mar 4, 2017

Does anyone know how to find old MSAT scores? I need a score report for an employer in California and I don't have my report anymore. There was an old post about this online and after following through on the advise given in that I wondered if anyone else had any ideas on where I might find them. So far I have contacted CTC, the college I received my credentials through and I have tried to locate the testing company but had little luck with that.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 5, 2017

The testing company is Praxis, which is a unit of ETS, though I don't know whether it will still have scores from that long ago.

4. cheryllynn

cheryllynn New Member

Mar 6, 2017

Alright, thanks for the information that really helped my search. Your right about the length of time. They said they no longer have them. I have contacted credentialing as well.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 6, 2017

I'm more than slightly surprised that the employer wants a score report: if you were eligible for credentialing on the basis of MSAT, that would have been no later than 2003, and at that point testing was an alternative to the liberal-studies portfolio.

You might see if the local county office of education has any ideas.

6. cheryllynn

cheryllynn New Member

Mar 6, 2017

Thank you so much! I can't tell you how helpful this forum has been. Basically my story is I am applying for employment and EDJOIN requires you to show compliance for NCLB. I am finding they have separated teachers into two groups New and Not New. I would fall into the second catagory for sure and in at least one district "San Diego Unified" MSAT fulfills the requirement.

So although this is a thread about passing CSET I have another question. If you fall into this group do you even need CSET?

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 7, 2017

Go chat up the credentialing people at the local county office of education, please. They can give you a much more definitive answer than I can.

8. 1smarie7

1smarie7 New Member

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:51 AM

Did you ever talk to credentialing and find out, I am experiencing the same exact situation as you. I would be so happy if you could steer me in the right direction. thank you so much if you read this so long after your posting!!