Feedback appreciated on resume

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ArtOfMe, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ArtOfMe

ArtOfMe Rookie

Jul 29, 2012
    Jan 22, 2013

Here is my resume, with specific information about schools and my location removed. I'd appreciate your feedback. I'll revise the cover letter I wrote during my student teaching seminar after this is in its final form and post that here later. It doesn't include the clubs I was in during college because I wanted to fit it on one page. The format on my Word document is more polished than this, but I just copy and pasted to make reviewing it more convenient.

- Share my passion for science with students of all academic needs as a Biology or General Science 7-12 teacher and motivate student achievement by involving them in hands-on learning activities and real-world problem-solving. Successful teaching methodology is supported by 12/12 score in PDE-430 evaluation by university supervisor.
    - Willing to assist with extracurricular activities.

University Name City, PA Zip
    Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude May 2012
    Major: Biology Minor: Secondary Education
    Overall G.P.A: 3.5/4.0
    PA Certifications: Instructional I Biology 7-12 6/1/2012
    Instructional I General Science 7-12 12/1/2012

Student Teacher Spring 2012
    Name of High School City, PA Zip

- Taught Biology (grade 10) and General Science (grade 9) according to a daily lesson plan
    - Developed test study guides and lab activities
    - Managed student discipline through a classroom management plan
    - Communicated with parents about their children’s academic progress during parent-teacher conferences and after-school meetings
    - Used differentiation of instruction to teach special needs students in inclusive classrooms
    - Involved Promethean ActivInspire flipcharts during lessons that increased student participation
    - Minimized free classroom time through daily Bellringer exercises and journal writing for cross-curricular writing experience

Practicum Fall 2011
    Name of High School City, PA Zip
    - Tutored Biology students in small groups and assisted with lab activities
    - Taught a Biology test review microlesson

Therapeutic Staff Support September 2012-present
    Agency Name City, PA Zip
    - Decreased problematic behaviors of behavioral support and autism spectrum students in general education and special education classrooms
    - Observed and recorded problematic behaviors

Biology Laboratory Teaching Assistant Fall 2009
    Name of University City, PA Zip
    -Assisted students with laboratory activities and graded weekly lab reports.