Favorite Kinder CDs?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by Katisop99, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Katisop99

Katisop99 Rookie

Jul 29, 2009

Hello all!

I've been figuring out my class next year and I decided I need to broaden what I have for music to sing with my students.

What is everyone's favorite(s) Kindergarten/Children's CD?

3. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2009

I like a guy named Frank Leto. Try Time for Music I and Time for Music II.

http://www.frankleto.com/

He has lots of songs that are really appropriate for group time with movements that are clearly evident.

I also have some of Laurie Berkner:

http://www.laurieberkner.com/site/

My favorite is her Buzz Buzz CD.

4. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jul 30, 2009

My favorites are Dr. Jean Feldman

Jack Hartmann

Shawn Brown-http://www.superfunshow.com/ He has some really good songs especially counting by 1's to 100. My kids love it! I used it during summer school and we had to play it at least twice during the day (we only had them for 4 hours).

5. fun2tchk

fun2tchk Rookie

Jul 30, 2009

I love love love Heidi's Songs. My kids were crazy about the songs. I had some kids who could sing their sight words to me before they knew all their letters.

www.heidisongs.net

6. Mrs.Z.

Mrs.Z. Companion

Jul 30, 2009

I just got a cd from Lakeshore called "Movin 2 Math" and the kids LOVE it! We listen *and count to 100* with it every day!

7. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jul 31, 2009

I ditto HeidiSongs, they are great! I also have a music page on my site that lists my favorite musical artists to use in the classroom.

8. little317

little317 Groupie

Jul 31, 2009

Those DVDs from Heidi Songs looked so cute. You've all convinced me. I decided to go with the Sing and Spell Combo pack. These will be great for my kiddos that have trouble with their sight words. I love the fact that the songs include little motions and fingerplays.

9. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2009

I love the one with the Gingerbread Man on the front--I think it's a Jack Hartmann. Lots of good phonics stuff. I also love Dr. Jean, especially the one with the Addams family Days of the Week and the Macarena Months.

10. mom2sands

mom2sands Comrade

Jul 31, 2009

I also highly recommend the Heidi Songs letter and sounds DVD. My students absolutely loved this to death and on the last 3 days of school, we did the whole alphabet over again as I had promised we would. I really believe that this helped my kids to know and remember letter sounds, not just the names of the letters. I also have three of the sight word dvds and used them. My kids would request to do her dvds. They're great to get the wiggles out. These were part of our daily routine and weekly letter focus.

I'm going to order her math dvd this year. I downloaded a doubles chant (pictures and words) that's like an army cadence. That also has motions and again my kids loved them.

At the end of center time, I played Dr. Jean's clean up song. It usually took two plays, but they knew what to do when they heard it.

I'm convinced that music should be used when ever appropriate for learning. It sticks with the kids. If you can add motions that's even more of a plus!

11. punchinello

punchinello Comrade

Jul 31, 2009

I download songs from ITunes and use my IPod in the classroom.

I have found the funniest songs, but don't know how to post them here. It took a lot of time, clicking around on the ITunes Store.

It's hard to find a good "months of the year" song, but I like the one by James Mee.
    "Our Ten Fingers" by Miss Joyce is fun.

I have different playlists: Morning Meeting, Halloween, Christmas, Counting, etc.

12. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2009

Speaking of your Ipod, I have downloaded stories from Itunes called Story Nory. They're free and the kids in my classroom LOVE them! We usually listen to them after lunch or right before dismissal.