FAQ for New Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & FAQ' started by Amanda, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Mrs. Vakharia

Mrs. Vakharia New Member

Feb 27, 2016

This is a first for me, joining a forum. I don't know how to post a question. I get an error message while I try to post a 'new thread'

2. coeurcurieux

coeurcurieux New Member

Apr 20, 2017

I've tried posting a reply, but the system won't let me. Is it because I'm a new member?

ETA: this was in regards to a forum on classroom book management systems just earlier today... but I can reply to this forum?

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 21, 2017

There is no reason that would prohibit you from responding, but you cannot post links or endorse any product or service. Try again. You will get full privileges after a number of posts in education forums.

4. coeurcurieux

coeurcurieux New Member

Apr 21, 2017

Oh! Thanks I couldn't find the forum guidelines... on the announcements and FAQs.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 21, 2017

Welcome to A to Z, coeurcurieux. The system software seems to catch a link in a new member's post even if the link merely appears in a quoted reply. You might try replying again either without quoting the original post at all or with a judicious edit of the quoted text.

coeurcurieux likes this.
  6. SageScience

SageScience Companion

Jul 6, 2017

@Amanda and @TeacherGroupie how can we get in touch with you with questions about our account? I tried using "Contact Us" at the bottom. Will you receive that message?

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 6, 2017

SageScience, your message will reach Amanda but it may take some time for her to answer. You may ask a question here of any moderator and we will try to help you. You probably do not have the option of sending a private message yet. After you post in education forums, you will get that privilege. Meanwhile, you should be able to post a new thread if it doesn't contain links, web addresses, and does not contain advertising or products or services. Click on the forum you wish to post in and create a new thread. It should work for you.

SageScience likes this.