Family Pictures

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by msaly, Jan 3, 2008.

1. msaly

msaly Comrade

Jan 3, 2008

Hi! Im looking for a cute way to display my kid's family pictures. We have to have them either on a bulliten board or on a wall. Ive been brainstorming but I havent come up with much! Does any one have any suggestions?

3. BASAM

BASAM Comrade

Jan 3, 2008

You can connect them at the corners and turn them into a quilt with a title of "Our Family Quilt".

4. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jan 3, 2008

"Our Family tree" ?

5. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jan 3, 2008

I have done this before using an outline or template of a house. It has front doors that I cut open, and the family photo is displayed inside the front doors.

6. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Jan 3, 2008

I made a small tree for each child's family picture - and wrote "Bobby's Family Tree" on it - and then a larger tree in the middle of the board that says "Our Family Trees".

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jan 3, 2008

Do you mean one child at a time or the whole class at once? For the whole class board put the pictures in a gallon ziplock on a piece of construction paper or page protector. Staple the pages just at the top with the heading of "Who do I belong to" or something along those lines. Place a photo of the child underneath to make a lift the flap board.

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jan 4, 2008

Our infant room contact-papers family pictures to the kid's crib, and the toddler room collages them on cabinets (I think... haven't been in there in a while). I don't display everyone's photos at the same time, but they usually bring in some when it's their turn to be star of the week, so they go up on the bulletin board.

9. zawa

zawa Rookie

Jan 4, 2008

Our infant room does the star of the week idea...our toddler room contact papers them to the wall. The parents are in charge of making them-- some are quite basic and others are pretty elaborate. When they transition to the 2s, we send the tree with them for it to be displayed in there as well. I haven't seen them in the preschool or pre-k, so I think they get sent home by the time the kids move over there.

10. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jan 4, 2008

our infant (and toddler? not sure) room is required to post them for all the kids all the time, so it's a perfect solution for them. Toddlers used to have them in frames hanging on the door, but I think it got too crowded ;) Everybody 2's and up (at least the older 2's, not sure about younger) does star of the week in one form or another. I have them answer questions and bring photos, other classes do it differently.

11. msaly

msaly Comrade

Jan 5, 2008

Thanks... We arent allowed to do star of the week, so we have to display everyone's at the same time. and it has to be a cute display, not just pictures on a wall. I cant do a "family tree" beacuse three other classrooms have used this. My school has a lot of rules for what is displayed in the classroom, sometimes its frustrating!

12. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Jan 5, 2008

Last year our two's teacher made what looked like a big scrapbook - like it was open and you were looking at 2 pages - and made a class "scrapbook" with the family pictures. it was simple - and cute!

13. prekteach10

prekteach10 Rookie

Jan 5, 2008

Our PreK classroom has the theme of Peter Pan in their room. So the family pictures are displayed on paper that looks like a scroll, with the title "Our Lost Families". In my classroom we have a baseball theme for our family wall. The pictures are displayed on a circle to represent a baseball, with the title "Our Fans". Toddler room has a family tree and the infant room has them laminated on puzzle pieces and displayed on the wall.

14. forkids

forkids Cohort

Jan 6, 2008

I made a big house on a closet door using bulletin board paper. A big square for the house and a big triangle for the roof. I titled it "Our Pre-K Family" and put the family pictures on there to display. In the past I made a big tree the same way and called it "Our Family Tree". I like the quilt idea - may do that next year.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  15. melissaolemiss

melissaolemiss Rookie

Jan 6, 2008

I like to a different theme each month for my family board. For instance, in December we made "presents" by cutting out a square from construction paper, folding it over like a card, and on the outside was the childs name and inside was their family picture. A simple yarn ribbon was on top of the present. Our tag line was "our favorite gifts this holiday season are our families." I let the kids decorate and color the paper. This month we made mittens. In November I do a Thankful Tree with their handprints as the leaves and in February I usually do one large heart flower with smaller heart flowers branching off that the kids color and we attach the pictures as the leaves.

Hope I helped.