Ever have something you really want to say to a coworker but can't?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Caesar753, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2013

There is a new person at my school this year. She is difficult to work with.

After some things today, here's what I'd like to say to her:

Okay. You win. You clearly know everything about everything. All your ideas are wonderful and perfect. I now know that when you come to me for "advice" or "ideas", what you really want is for me to repeat your ideas; I will not offer suggestions because it makes you angry. When you come to me with problems, I will agree with you and tell you that you are perfect and there is no possible way to resolve your problems; I will not offer suggestions. I don't know how our department managed to survive these past seven years without you. I understand that when you are angry with me, you will stomp away like a child; this is a reasonable reaction from an adult. I also understand that when you are angry with a coworker, you will tattle and request (and receive) a policy change which will result in the extreme inconvenience of everyone in the department; this is also reasonable. You are the greatest teacher ever. Your use of Disney movies in the classroom on a daily basis is ground-breaking. I also appreciate all the delightful hacking and throat-clearing noises you make 20-30 times per class period that I can hear through the walls; my students also appreciate this. It's like sweet, sweet music. Finally, I definitely appreciate how you pulled the fire alarm in your classroom on a cold day "just to see if it worked". You are truly an inspiration.

Okay, that might be a little sarcastic.

Obviously I won't say these things to my coworker, however much I want to.

Do you have anything you really want to say but just can't? Feel free to share it here. No judgment. :cool:

3. comaba

comaba Cohort

Jan 16, 2013

Assuming that you aren't the only person who feels this way, if you'd like, I will print this out and mail it to her anonymously. Then maybe she'll waste all her energy on trying to figure out who has relatives in Illinois, instead of annoying you and others. ;)

4. comaba

comaba Cohort

Jan 16, 2013

Best vent ever, by the way.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2013

:lol:

It felt good to get all that stuff off my chest. I really am (I think) a kind, helpful person at school. I would never, ever, ever say these things in person. It's just that I'm so frustrated with this person and I have to work closely with her. Sigh.

6. JustMe

JustMe Guru

Jan 16, 2013

Sweet, sweet music...LOL! :)

Yes, I have a bit bottled up inside. Some people are incapable of receiving certain messages and there truly is no point in trying to share. It's hard to even feel personal relief when you know your words didn't sink in...thus the bottling.

She's sounds awesome, for the record.

7. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jan 16, 2013

She really pulled the alarm?

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2013

Yes. I saw the principal going to her room after the alarm stopped. Later in the day she told our department at a meeting that she did it because she wanted to see if it really worked.

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 16, 2013

She sounds like a peach.
    I actually thought you were describing my very-soon-to-be-former teammate for the first few sentences!

As for me, I'd like to tell half the staff, "When P is making a blanket statement about rules, SHE IS TALKING ABOUT YOU!!!!!

10. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 16, 2013

Was she reprimanded? Wasting the fire department's resources should be a fairly big deal, I'd think.

11. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

Jan 16, 2013

I laughed so much harder than I should have...

12. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2013

Unfortunately, no. She has done an amazing job of pulling the wool over almost everyone's eyes.

13. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Phenom

Jan 17, 2013

The fire alarm bit killed me also. xD

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 17, 2013

I could certainly have written some of what you did, Caesar--although I'm maybe not quite so frustrated with my colleague after reading about yours.

Here's mine:
    "The best way to help the kids is to stop having meetings about them and get into the classroom and actually spend some time with them!"

15. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Fanatic

Jan 17, 2013

That's crazy! Most places have criminal penalties, including fines and jail time, for false fire alarms. She should have been reprimanded by the principal, at least.

16. Curiouscat

Curiouscat Comrade

Jan 17, 2013

I work with an obnoxious woman who is sooooooo loud! My students shut the door constantly because she is so annoying. She seems to think that the louder you talk the better the students learn. She delights in yelling at children for the least little infraction.

Last week I had no choice but to ask her to keep my eye on my class for about ten minutes while I dealt with an emergency. When I returned I could hear her yelling and threatening my class before I came around the corner. Shen then gave me a five minute rundown on how bad they were and how she had to threaten them.

One of my special needs students burped and said excuse me. She made him change his color for being rude and for talking! Of course, I changed it back immediately.

The most annoying thing is when she catches wind that an admin is around she turns on the sugar!!! Makes me want to throw up!

17. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

Jan 17, 2013

:spitwater:

That one made me actually laugh out loud. :lol:

18. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Jan 17, 2013

That was awesome.

My job is a bit different so most of the things I've wanted to say, I've began to say to everyone who I need to say them too.

19. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 17, 2013

Dude, send it! Life's too short! :p

I sent an email to someone saying exactly what was on my mind (in a very polite and eloquent manner...). I feel good to have gotten that off my chest. Try it! :D

20. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Virtuoso

Jan 17, 2013

I'm far too restrained to be that blunt with co-irker (as opposed to co-worker) issues, to the point that I can't even let loose on this thread. I think I verbally snapped once and made a particular co-irker cry, and I felt relieved and terrible at the same time. Nope, can't do it.

21. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Multitudinous

Jan 17, 2013

Sometimes tears are the beginning of wisdom, cat. In any case, lots of hugs.