Evaluation lesson Plan

Discussion in 'General Education' started by geegee1981, Dec 3, 2017.

1. geegee1981

geegee1981 Rookie

Dec 3, 2017

Hi everyone, I have a question. I have a formal observation on Tuesday, and I always get so nervous. :(

I'm going to do a read aloud. I planned on using a story in the student's reading books. I wanted the students to follow along in their books while I read the story aloud, then I would ask them comprehension questions and do a story map. Is that wrong to do? I teach 4-6th special ed, so my kids struggle with reading.

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Dec 3, 2017

I’d really say it depends on the questions. Are they higher level questions or just what’s in the book? Will your students have time to discuss and challenge each other? I realize they are SPED but the evaluation rubric doesn’t change because of it.

4. Been There

Been There Companion

Dec 4, 2017

How many times has this group used a story map? If I were to be observed, I would want my students to be well-versed in developing using story maps. Read alouds followed by a discussion of generic higher-level comprehension questions and story mapping should be a well-practiced, routine activity. This way, the observer can evaluate you based on: 1) the level of the group's engagement, 2) their ability to think analytically and respond to high-level comprehension questions, 3) your ability to lead the discussion using reflective questions, 4) the group's ability to insert the story elements into a graphic organizer. Not much lead time - I hope your observation wasn't today!