Erin Conderin Teacher planner

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by wldywall, Dec 23, 2018.

1. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Dec 23, 2018

I just got one for Christmas. Yay. I desperately needed a new planner for the new job.

There are some pages I don't understand how to use like the graph paper pages and the student check list pages.

How do you use those pages?

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 23, 2018

I don’t have an Erin Condren, but I have a Happy Planner, which is similar. The dot pages and graph pages are just to help you design your own pages more easily. I make a lot of pages for mine myself in Publisher and Word so I can customize them.

wldywall likes this.
  4. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Dec 24, 2018

I don’t have an Erin Condren planner, but I have a planner from the Etsy shop 4theloveofpi. It’s very similar except the lesson planning pages have a vertical layout instead of horizontal.

I honestly do not use the pages you describe which is why I will be getting a much smaller planner for next year. The checklists in my planner only go up to 30 kids and I have more than that in 2 of my classes. However, you could use the checklists for grades or recording data. However, since everything is online now, I would rather just keep grades on PowerSchool. The grid pages are good for seating charts or just taking notes. I use it for seating charts and I like it. I will still have a paper planner because I like using the monthly calendar to plan out dates/topics and plan dates for unit tests/quizzes. I write the objectives/activities in the weekly pages before every week so I am prepared.

One part of my planner that I love is the parent communication log. I bought extra pages and record every time I call a parent. After the lesson planning pages, this is what I use most.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    wldywall likes this.
  5. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Jan 7, 2019

My EC planner has the graph paper and I don't use it. The checklists I use for keeping a record of my grades each six weeks. Plus who starts AR testing.

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 7, 2019

I just got a Passion Planner and found there's a bunch of YouTube videos that show how to maximize its effectiveness. It looks like there are several for your planner as well. Good luck, and I hope it works wonderfully for you.

7. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jan 7, 2019

I love and use EC planner.
    I use the grid paper in many ways--seating chart. setting up projects/collaborations with boxes for responsibility of each member, layouts for room design beyond student seats, word maps when I am brainstorming.
    Checklists- grades, rubrics on complicated projects, return of forms, books on loan, and payments for picture day, dress down etc., projects turned in.