End of Year Checklist

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Miss W, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 16, 2008

Okay. Someone started a thread about what to do at the end of the year, but I want more of a checklist. Here it is. Please feel free to add.

*DRA, DIBEL's, DSA tests
    *Student Portfolios
    -copy published piece, copy journal piece, copy final math test
    *Complete PO for any summer orders by May 15th
    *Finish office checklists and turn in by last day of school (June 4th)

*Save boxes to pack things away in (label)
    *Pack all student books away
    *Organize Files for next year.
    *Set aside boxes for "beginning of year" and "summer projects" (don't forget to take these home with you). Also have a personal box to take home those items.
    *Go through everything and purge anything that is not needed. Place good items in Science Lab for give away.
    *Make sure everything that is not in boxes are labeled with name and room number. Remember everything needs to be easy for summer crew to move.
    *Pack all electronic equipment in boxes (label)! Leave on counter so it is not damaged by being moved.
    *Clean and unhook all computers. These should be put on counter so they are not damaged by being moved. They should also be covered with fabric or trashbags.
    *Make sure boxes are inventoried and take a copy of inventory home. This is to prevent anything from missing. Taping a copy on the classroom door is an option.
    *Things on walls may stay up if desired, but not required. I will be taking everything down to start over again.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 16, 2008

The school I worked at last school yr had their own checklist that the office manager signed off on before we could be officially done. Since I was a special ed teacher too, my district office had their own checklist that had to be signed off too.

That's the best idea that school ever had! I didn't have to wrack my brain wondering what I was forgetting!

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2008

One thing I do the last few days is give the kids chances to help me in the room- we clean out the cubbies, check the markers and crayons, check for missing puzzle pieces and game pieces...I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting right now. The kids love to help out.

Oh, and I make a big pile of extra papers that need a new home. A lot of my kids love to play school, so they often take these off of my hands!

5. Calliope

Calliope Companion

Apr 16, 2008

I'm actually stressed to death about this this year. I am in this multi-cultural exchange program thingy, & I get to go to CHINA for a month! YAY! Right? Except I was supposed to have a day between my last day of school & the day I left for China. Now we have 2 make up days, & my last day of class -- semester exams (not a teacher work day) is the day before I have to get on a plane and leave for China. Somehow I have to have all my semester tests graded, all of my grades entered & sent, & all of those pesky end-of-year things done before I walk out the door the last day of class. Ack!

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 17, 2008

How exciting, Calliope! If we weren't in school until the very end of June, I would come and help you get everything done.

Like Ms. I, we get checklists to help us remember everything--one from the principal and one from the caretakers. We don't have one for all of the Special Ed things that need to be done, but my Special Ed partner and I are working to put one together that we'll have in the future.

7. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2008

I make a list of school supplies I need as I go, so I know what to look for during the summer.

I also organize all my posters/bb stuff.

8. Calliope

Calliope Companion

Apr 17, 2008

We have a "checklist" too. The teachers all call it a "scavenger hunt." It's kind of funny. You have to track down all of these objects & people who can be anywhere in the building (no guarantee someone will be in his/her office) & get signatures. It really does feel like a scavenger hunt. Oh yeah, & you're supposed to be teaching at the same time. I have to think there's a better way.

9. dxiechicken41

dxiechicken41 Rookie

Jun 10, 2008

-clean off all shelves
    -reorganize books/textbooks/stuff on shelves
    -take down BB stuff/posters
    -clean out mailboxes
    -clean out teacher desk & student desks
    -have students help with taking staples/sticky tack/stickers off displays
    -send home everything the kids need to take
    -clean out lockers