End of the year FUN!!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by MissE, May 24, 2006.

1. MissE

MissE Rookie

May 24, 2006

I know there are already some posts about this....Sorry if I'm being redundant....Does anyone have any fun activities that you are doing during the last week of school????? I need some fun exciting ideas.....:thanks: :)

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

May 24, 2006

Well, I still have about 3 weeks to go, but some of the things I am thinking about: checkers tournament, mancala tournament, Jeopardy, Survivor, build a geodesic dome and kids take turns reading in it, put clean paper on a bulletin board and kids write memories of 4th grade on it, reader's theatre, Johnny Appleseed day. Hope this helps!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 24, 2006

Ice cream party, scrabble tournament, create a class yearbook with pictures and memories of the year. One highlight of the end of our year will be assembling pencil cases filled with school supplies for one of our teachers to take to an orphanage school in Africa this summer.

5. IndyJo

IndyJo Companion

May 25, 2006

Readers' Theatre is good, making ice cream with Ziploc bags, field day, games day (bring in favorite game from home), outside picnic, and a "Smarty Pants" board. That's where you bring in an old pair of jeans, and the kids write something that they learned this school year. You make it a quick hallway bulletin board for your exiting, and entering students next year. (By the way - my kids presented their readers' theatre today, which was the last day of school, and I about lost it! They've grown so much!)