End of the Year Bulletin Boards???

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by MissE, May 8, 2006.

1. MissE

MissE Rookie

May 8, 2006

Hi Everyone! I'm racking my brain. Can't come up with any cute end of the year themed bulletin boards (4th grade). The board I have up now must come down on Friday for Mother's Day gifts so I need something fast. Something quick and easy, but cute. Any ideas or suggestions??? Please let me know. :thanks:

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 8, 2006

We'll have Buckets of Fun this summer. Write names on pails, or on shovels, use sandpaper for the sane at the bottom of the BB. Have each student write about what their fun plans are for vacation.

4. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 8, 2006

We have a countdown bulletin board. The kids colored flowers and numbered them from 0 to 30. The writing is "Pick a flower one by one, before you know it, school will be done."

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 8, 2006

One of the teachers I worked w/ did end of year/beginning of year board....the kids wrote letters to the 3rd graders on what to expect in 4th (actually the whole school does it),but this teacher puts it up then covers it w/paper for summer & viola...ready for fall!!!

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 8, 2006

How about a beach with sandals of flip-flops? Have the kids cut out sandals or flip-flops from construction paper and decorate with sequins, markers, glitter, etc. Then on one sandal write about what they liked most about 4th grade, and on the other have them write a funny memory or something. Get creative!

7. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 8, 2006

When you make your flip flops, use colorful pipe cleaners to complete them. Title: Flip-flopping into Summer(or 5th. grade)
    Another one is give each a circle of paper that they can decorate with lots of different stuff . Add eyes to one of them and an antennae(caterpillar.) Cut out some small black feet for each...Title:"Crawling into 5th. Grade"

8. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 8, 2006

I was looking up some things to do on the last few days of school (since I am teaching some of the kids I had last year, I need some new things that they haven't done). I found one that will actually be my beginning of the year bulletin board. It had the kids from this year writing tips and suggestions to next year's 5th graders on pieces of construction paper that looked like bricks. The title is "Building a strong 5th grade". One that I did last year was have the kids trace their hands on construction paper and write a tip on each of the fingers. I called it "A hand up from one group to another". (Now that I think about it, I may have gotten that from somewhere on here!:D)