Electric Hole Puncher

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Holyoke, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Devotee

Sep 4, 2018

Can anyone recommend a good electric hole puncher?

I am looking to purchase one because I have a lot of kids...so a lot of papers to hole punch! A manual one is just not efficient and is too time consuming. I am looking for one to invest in that will last me a very long time,

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Phenom

Sep 4, 2018

Our copier will punch holes. I use that when making copies. I have a manual punch that is heavy duty with a lever that makes it easy to use. It is really old, but still works great. I keep it,out for kids to use if they need it.

4. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Devotee

Sep 4, 2018

I wish my copier would punch holes! However, I am grateful that my school does not limit copies at least. My friend's school only gives her a case of paper a semester.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Sep 4, 2018

I have a heavy duty manual punch. I can do a class set in two passes. It takes more to get a class set with the electric ones in the lounge and the ones I used to have before they died. At least their death was quick.

I’ve had two electric ones bite the dust. They are far too expensive for that!

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Phenom

Sep 4, 2018

We aren’t limited on paper, but we are limited on copies. We get 4000 a month. I’m never close to that, but I like having that many in case I do.

Our copier will hole punch and staple.

7. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Devotee

Sep 4, 2018

That's what I'm worried about! I want an electric one but I know I'll be mad if they die. I'm wondering if the Swingline ones are good quality.

What brand of a heavy duty hole punch do you use?

8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Sep 4, 2018

I’ll have to look at school.

9. miss-m

miss-m Habitué

Sep 5, 2018

Swingline makes pretty great stuff in general, their hole-punches are pretty good quality as long as you don't overstuff them when you punch.

They do make a high-capacity one that looks like it would work really well!

10. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Devotee

Sep 5, 2018

After hole punching about 250 papers today with my 12-sheet hole puncher, I think I am ready to invest in an electric one! My sister gave me an amazon gift card so I'll be using that.

11. miss-m

miss-m Habitué

Sep 5, 2018

I don't blame you! Hole punching by hand is exhausting if you're doing more than like 10 pages.

12. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Devotee

Sep 9, 2018

I decided to order one and it's coming tomorrow! It has a two year warranty at least so I think I will be satisfied with my purchase! I am done hole punching 200 pages a day by hand. :) I did have some of the kids hole punch for me last week with my manual one but I will not let them touch the electric one!

13. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Devotee

Sep 9, 2018

I think you need to treat yourself to handing the kids papers that aren't hole-punched, and never look back!!!

14. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Devotee

Sep 9, 2018

LOL...my room would be trashed with papers left behind if they weren't hole punched.

15. Aces

Aces Comrade

Sep 9, 2018

I was going to say if you can find you an old sturdy one. I have one I found at a thrift store. After a good deep clean and a bit of WD-40 on the moving parts it works like a charm! Otherwise I'd check to see if your copy machine can do it. I hate to spend a lot of money on an electric one then have it fail a couple years later.