Education Rally Slogans??

Discussion in 'General Education' started by PCdiva, Mar 9, 2012.

1. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Mar 9, 2012

Hi guys!

Long Island is going to be having an education rally next weekend to fight for our fare share from Albany (since we are paying 17% but only getting 12%) that in addition to the new tax cap of 2% many districts are having to make DRASTIC cuts.

Anyway, would like to know if anyone has any good slogan ideas that I can pass along, Thanks In Advance!

Someone on FB came up with WTF? "Where's The Funding?" (I love that but of course if everyone has the same it isn't much good)

3. TeachOn

TeachOn Habitué

Mar 9, 2012

I think "WTF" is inappropriate. I'd be embarrassed to be in a crowd with a sign like that. Maybe I'm behind the times.

4. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Mar 9, 2012

I think its borderline inappropriate, however I think it would be an attention getter.

I will probably do 12% (not equal sign) 17%

5. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Mar 10, 2012

How about:

"Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!" as recommended by The Simpsons and their episode on a teacher strike?

6. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Mar 12, 2012

Funny you say that, when I went to the planning meeting they were saying that our 'audience' to invite were mostly all of the PTA's. Someone mentioned contacting all of the teacher unions as well and people were against that stating that it was like them rallying for their jobs. Of course they want a huge turnout, they just feel better if they are wearing their "mommy/daddy" hat and not their "I'm going to get laid off, teacher" hat.