EC-6 Generalist

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by doxieteacher, Apr 6, 2010.

1. SpecialEdUcatio

SpecialEdUcatio New Member

Jul 20, 2012

EC-6

Can you give some examples of the words/phrases you referring to. Thanks. I am preparing to take the test and it is so much information that any tips will be helpful right now.

2. SpecialEdUcatio

SpecialEdUcatio New Member

Jul 20, 2012

Can you email me a list of the strageties you used. Thanks.

3. mairak

mairak Rookie

Nov 20, 2012

for the second time, is the test almost the same or different in a way did you thought it was harder or easier than the first time you took it. I am planning on taking it again. the first time I took the exam the questions were mostly set as classroom setting is it the same for the second time or different.

Thanks in advance!

4. SHEGOLFS

SHEGOLFS New Member

Jan 13, 2013

would love to see your strategies!

Hi! I am about to take the test for the very first time on Wednesday. I have a job waiting for me if I pass. Do you think you could share your list of strategies with me? I would be forever grateful!
    Just message me back and I will send you my e-mail address.
    Thanks so much!!!

C.

5. passthetest

passthetest New Member

Jan 21, 2013

I am frustrated

Hi I am a desperate paraprofessional that has taken the EC-6 Generlaist for the seventh tim . Could you help me with those strategies. My e-mail is cindya621@sbcglobal.net
    I would really appreciate it.

6. jaz2340

jaz2340 New Member

Jan 25, 2013

I am extremely Frustrated I have taken the ec-6 generalist 3 times
    the first time I took it, I received a 226
    the second time 228
    the third time 232

can some one help me pass it I have registered to take it again on march 26

7. mairak

mairak Rookie

Feb 15, 2013

I took EC6 and did not do very well on it. I am planning on taking it again soon can you help me with hints to find a correct answer to make it easy for me.

khan.em@gmail.com

8. steelerfever1

steelerfever1 Rookie

Mar 4, 2013

Hey guys,

I am desperate for any adive yall can give me to passing the Generalist EC-6 exam. I will be taking it for the 5th time in April and i dont know what more I can do to pass. I have a hard time in the social studies and science parts.. If anyone has advice please let me know! I need prayers and stratagies!

Thank You

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 4, 2013

Welcome to A to Z, steelerfever1. (I infer that your not a native Texan.) How close are you coming to passing, and what have you been doing to prepare?

10. steelerfever1

steelerfever1 Rookie

Mar 4, 2013

Well this last time I felt more prepared than the last and I made a worse score. The first time was a 220, second was a 232, third was 234, and this last time was a 225. :( I have been using the Cliff notes book as well as the TExEs teacher certification test prep by Dr. Luis Rosado. I do the sample tests in the back and check my answers, I have also googled a lot of termonlogy online, made notecards, I dont know whatelse to do. I was told to try a different study book one that is called Big Yellow book the Ultimate Guide to the Generalist EC-6th TExES. I was going to try that one as well. I recently downloaded an app that has sample questions as well that I have been working on. There have been times that I have gotten so close to passing it and I feel like maybe I am just studying all wrong for it! Please Help!

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 4, 2013

Hm. When was your last science class, and what was it?

12. steelerfever1

steelerfever1 Rookie

Mar 5, 2013

My last science class was about 2 years ago and it was bio and the professor was not to great when it came to teaching so I dont really count it as learning... So last time I learned something in Science has been years ago! Same with Social Studies...I am thinking that reading BIG chunks of the book and not being able to really DO is my problem... I dont think that those big chunks of information are sticking!

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 5, 2013

If you did science in high school and it made sense then, you probably have plenty of science; as you study, I hope you're finding things beginning to drift back into memory (or leap, as the case may be).

If that's not working for you, it could be a bad fit between you and the materials you're using to study. That happens fairly often, in fact: there is no such thing as The One Best Approach For Absolutely Everybody. Try thinking in terms of ways in which the material connects with your everyday life. Cooking is chemistry; walking is physics as well as anatomy; history is story plus, waaay too often, Maslow's hierarchy falling down.

14. steelerfever1

steelerfever1 Rookie

Mar 6, 2013

I will give it a try! And let you know how I did..

Thank You Sooo Much!!

:)

15. LifetimeLearner

LifetimeLearner Rookie

Mar 28, 2013

Bumping this up because my next exam is the Generalist EC-6 on 4/26! I plan to use certify teacher again to help me study. The $55 for the online version is well worth it, IMO (I'm ACP so I have no formal training really in education).

Best of luck to everyone taking theirs soon!

16. mairak

mairak Rookie

Apr 11, 2013

I am holding off my PPR exam because I think I have to pass my EC6 before I can take the PPR.
    that's what I have been told by my advisor (A+ TEXAS TEACHERS) that's where I am getting my certification done!

17. steelerfever1

steelerfever1 Rookie

Apr 12, 2013

Thank you so much Lifetime Learner I will look into that as well.. I am using the Ultimate Guide to the Generalist EC-6 TExES! It is pretty good too.. GOOD LUCK on your test.. I am also taking mine on 4/26 Fingers Crossed all goes well! :)

18. LifetimeLearner

LifetimeLearner Rookie

Apr 15, 2013

Good luck, steelervever1!! The 4-8 was tricky in some parts (there was more science-related material than anticipated) but mainly it stuck to the TEKS, so the Certify Teacher program really prepared me (my background is English, but I don't have ELA-R TEKS down-pat, but the CT program helped tremendously!) and I passed it! I am hoping to pass EC-6 first try, too!

Have you been studying a lot? I've been slacking; need to get back to it!

19. steelerfever1

steelerfever1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2013

Lifetime Learner,

I am so happy to hear you passed!! I have been studying more social studies than anything because I just stink at that subject! But I have been studying more than I wouldve before. I do have those moments where I slack :/ I bought that Certify Teacher software you mentioned and it is AWESOME!! So for now I am going to be doing that it is a big help! Thank you so much for refering me to it! :) I will be praying tha we both pass it!! :)

20. mairak

mairak Rookie

Apr 18, 2013

Please email me the strategies that you applied. This is my second time taking the EC6 exam and I want to pass it!!!! I have cliff notes book that didn't help me last time.
    I don't know how this works but can you message me on AtoZ teachers forum and I will send you my email address.