ebay help

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by darzie, Aug 1, 2005.

1. darzie

darzie Companion

Aug 1, 2005

I am a fifth grade teacher. I have been reading in these posts about people who find classroom sets of books and teaching supplies/aids on ebay. I have gone to ebay (never purchased anything there) and have not been able to find things. What do I need to type in to the search box? I'm confused. Please help.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 1, 2005

teaching supplies, classroom, school, etc. They don't make it very easy.

4. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 1, 2005

they do have a section for "educational books and toys" but if you are looking for a particular books, type in the name of book, then select the book category. I found a large lot of first grade books mostly informational (about insects, flowers, animals) but some for fun reading like star wars. I believe I was just looking under "children's" book catagory, then under "large lots". On the E-bay's home page just click on the catagory of "books" and they will show you all the catagories, like cook books, non fiction, fiction, magazine back issues, children, hard back, soft cover, new, and a lot of other sub catagories, this will help you sellect close to what you want, if you want educational toys, select the catagory of "toys" and the same kind of menu will pop up for you to select. If you want small toys for prizes, there is a section of "advertizing toys" (title might be different) but they have people selling all kind of kid meal toys. And for stickers, you will hit the jack pot! there is one lady that sells stickers in large lots, I forget her e-bay store name, but the stickers are geared to teachers, the auctions start low, but if you buy a certian amount with buy it now, you get a whole roll free! I did this and if you need a lot of small stickers, look for this seller, she cuts the stickers off the roll so that you don't have to pay extra for shipping. Ebay can become addictive. Just like this forum. Just watch out for the good deals, and if you don't find what you want the first time around, know that eventualy it will be up for auction again some day! My husband and I are incharge of my mom's e-bay store. (super_discount_outlet). However we don't have anything for classrooms yet. I am thinking about putting some notebooks and folders on but with all the back to school sales, I don't think we could compete.

5. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2005

Register first then start browsing. It helps if you have all of your Paypal info completed first. The place I found all the educational materials is the OTHER section.

6. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Aug 1, 2005

When I get books, I just type in newberry and scroll down to books on the search and that brings up the books I'm looking for.
    Then on the left side of page you can adjust to other types of books.
    Make sure to check how much the shipping and handling fee will be before placing a bid.

7. skelley

skelley Rookie

Aug 1, 2005

Under the home screen, click the "buy" tab, then scroll down to the category "everything else", then click on what area of education you are interested in. You can also search through the educational books under the books category. Hope that helps!

8. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Aug 1, 2005

It is kind of tricky to find what you need, especially when you're first getting started - I made some lists in the Announcement section. It will help you get started because it narrows things down by the categories that have stuff for teachers:
    http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

9. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Aug 1, 2005

i would type in chapter books or if I want the babysitter club series, You type it in...

10. darzie

darzie Companion

Aug 1, 2005

Wow! This is great! Thanks everyone.