DRA 2 Test

Discussion in 'General Education' started by OUOhYeah, Sep 16, 2018.

1. OUOhYeah

OUOhYeah Comrade

Sep 16, 2018

Anyone use DRA 2? I am suppose to level my students using this assessment, but I don't have a whole lot of time and my SLOs are due at the end of this month. Any ideas? Is there another assessment I could use and then convert the score to DRA?

3. flairpen

flairpen Rookie

Sep 16, 2018

Once you've done one, you'll breeze through them. What reading level range are you working with?

4. OUOhYeah

OUOhYeah Comrade

Sep 19, 2018

All over the place, to be honest.

5. corunnermom

corunnermom Rookie

Oct 3, 2018

At our school, we use DRA 2 as a guide. I was new to it too this year and once I administered a few, it was easy peasy and very insightful. It really opened my eyes to where the students where and at what level to start instruction. I understand the lack of time to test...it's so frustrating!!! I feel like all we do is test, test and test some more. I honestly make one day a week a "chill" day to get my testing done. As long as the kids are learning something and keeping busy, I'm okay with it!

6. Tyler B.

Tyler B. Groupie

Oct 3, 2018

Our district finally dropped the DRA since the reliability was so low that we couldn't use it for placement or planning instruction. To add to those problems, each test took 45 to 75 minutes to administer. By the time each student took the test, many hours of instructional time was lost. I hope your school can find a quick test for the general student population.