Does anyone know about a program that provided classical art posters for preschoolers??

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Master Pre-K, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 3, 2018

Hello Everyone!!

Yeah, it's been awhile. A lot has been going on.

I need help finding a curriculum for studying classical art for preschoolers. I can't remember the name. But there was a program that provided preschool teachers with posters of classical and modern art, and a study guide for each one. You put up the poster, and discussed with your children, and took observational notes when they made comments. I think you received a new poster every month. I thought it was called "Art in the Classroom" or something like that. I am at a loss because I can't seem to find it. :( NAEYC wants us to have something like this in place. Does anyone know what I am talking about, or have a suggestion?

3. viola_x_wittrockiana

viola_x_wittrockiana Comrade

Mar 3, 2018

I might know. I remember something that sounds like the same program or type of thing. When I was in early grade school, there was something that parents signed up to do where they were given info about art pieces and discussion questions and supplied with posters/prints to take into the classrooms. It might have had "enrichment" in the name. If you want, I'll ask my art major buddies if they remember. One of them was art ed., so she might know.

If you just need ideas/materials, maybe try PBS. I know they have music programs for kids; they might have art too.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Mar 4, 2018

Look in the free links thread, I know that it has become larger than I ever imagined, but your post jogged my memory, and I think it's one of the links. Try in the first 25 pages or so.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 5, 2018

The Metropolitan Museum of Art has over 400,000 works available to print. Check the site for details.

6. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 10, 2018

Thanks to all for the help. Yes, it was called "Picturing America" and there was a special part dedicated to Head Start classrooms. Unfortunately the program ended in 2009. :disrelieved:But there are still some resources available. I will look at the Metropolitan Museum of Art also.