Does a reference letter need to be signed?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by WhatchaDoin?, Apr 27, 2010.

1. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Apr 27, 2010

I have confidential reference forms submitted to my file at the board of education. The same references are being kind enough to write letters of recommendation that I will be able to take to interviews and cold calling. Do they need to be signed? I have one in my possession that is unsigned. I really don’t want to badger this wonderful teacher further. My last reference letter writer is offering to email the letter to me. I would love to be done, so I may start using these letters – I’m worried time is ticking away, and leaving me behind. I plan to explain about the confidential references at the board.

3. penguinpc

penguinpc Comrade

Apr 27, 2010

I don't think so. I've received many letters I've requested from references by email that have been unsigned. I think anyone interviewing you is likely to contact the writers of your references if they think they want to hire you.

4. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Apr 27, 2010

I use reference letters that were emailed to me, I didnt really think that they werent signed...Im sure they are going to call the people anyway so they should be ok!