Do you say the Pledge of Allegiance

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by dibba, Sep 20, 2011.

1. dibba

dibba Rookie

Sep 20, 2011

Was wondering how many of you preschoolers have the children say the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning?

We don't do it as of now, but will start in the next few days after we get a nice flag to hang.

And for you non-Americans, do you do something similar for your country?

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 20, 2011

In kindergarten we say it every morning. I don't know if prek did or not.

4. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Sep 20, 2011

We do the Pledge of Allegiance every day for the American flag and the Christian flag (private school) in my 4 year old class but not my 3 year class.

5. raynepoe

raynepoe Companion

Sep 20, 2011

Pledge

We are a Head Start class inside a public school (we are kind of a satellite program) and we just moved from mobiles outside the building to inside. We now have the PA which does it every morning and we are joining in... however I am not making a big deal of it, I try to get them to stand and cover there heart, but some haven't figured it out yet... and some refuse, so I am just going to keep doing it and hope more join in... will keep you updated on our progress!

We have 20 children mixed ages (but my class is almost all 3 year olds I have 7 4s and 2 are delayed....)

6. mkate

mkate Comrade

Sep 21, 2011

No open displays of nationalism here (after a 40-year dictatorship that just ended in 1975, it's still a touchy issue.) Probably there is a flag displayed on the outside of the school-- I'll check tomorrow. I'm pretty sure we do have an autonomic (state) flag. Oh, and the requisite portrait of the King and Queen, though I think that's in the main office.

7. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Companion

Sep 21, 2011

We do not do it in my classroom (3 year olds).

8. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Sep 21, 2011

Pre-K does it as do the preschool day cares, basically to get the kids used to saying it every morning I think.

9. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Sep 21, 2011

Yes! We do in kindergarten and sing "My country tis of thee" for now...we sing other patriotic songs later in the year...;)

10. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 22, 2011

The school does it... my class right now is just PM, so we miss it. When they do it at assemblies and such, I get them to stand and cover their hearts for pledge, National Anthem, etc... they understand that it's important.

When my AM comes, they will miss it as well, because announcements come on the TV every morning at 8:25 and we don't come til 8:30... I have too many other things to cover, although we know that the flag is important and that we show it respect.

11. MissMav

MissMav Rookie

Sep 29, 2011

I wish. I am very patriotic and would love to at least have an American Flag displayed in my room.

12. tgtbtj

tgtbtj Companion

Sep 29, 2011

We have the pledge that comes on every morning but most of my kids are still coming in during the announcement time so alot of the time it's hard to get them to all stand up and put their hands on their heart and all that. I'm sure if we were all settled in during that time they would but I don't make too much of a big deal about it either.

13. Miz_Jay

Miz_Jay Companion

Oct 8, 2011

My two's say it most mornings. We've been doing it since July and the older ones have finally started saying some of the words, it is really cute. I have one child who is named Justice and is now convinced that his middle name is 'for all' because we say it everyday!