Do you have to submit lesson plans?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by giraffe326, Aug 30, 2014.

?

Do you have to submit lesson plans?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    46.5%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    53.5%
  1. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Aug 31, 2014

No lesson plans what so ever, only when I'm being observed. Even then, my P only wants the objective, and basically what the students are supposed to be doing and learning. That's it :)

2. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Aug 31, 2014

Yes, every week and they better be on time. :) I honestly don't mind; I feel like it keeps me organized. My previous district was very intense with plans. The whole format was very long and labor intensive to create. The principal would go over them with a fine tooth comb and write little complaints if the objective was too vague or if he felt the closure wasn't relevant enough or something. I would spend the entire weekend, every weekend on them.

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 31, 2014

Ours are supposed to be out on our desk, but they are rarely checked. One time they came, and I said I left my binder with them at home. I took them by the next morning so they could check them out. It was no big deal.

4. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 31, 2014

We are told that plans have to be kept on file for 7 years and are auditable documents. Years ago we would turn in a CD at the end of the year with all our files-but they wouldn't check them and I guess people were just turning in blank cd's. :eek: So now they have to be turned in every Friday for the upcoming week and they keep them for their files.

5. StarsofTommorow

StarsofTommorow Companion

Aug 31, 2014

Nope. However, you need them for observations, board supervisors, and all that.

6. mcqxu

mcqxu Comrade

Aug 31, 2014

I've only had to turn in plans at one school, when I taught English abroad. I still do my own lesson plans, not incredibly detailed because they are for my use only. In the private school where I work, and the last 2 private schools I've worked in we have used an online curriculum program that details our units throughout the year in case an admin wants to see (parents cannot access it, but they could at my last school), but it is not strictly enforced that it be completely accurate.

7. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 31, 2014

Ours have to be turned in by Monday morning every week through the district purchased program, Eduphoria. The entire district uses the same format, and it's pretty detailed. My principal checks them, but she doesn't pour over them. If we're late we will get an email reminder, but that's it. If you're late and you send her an email saying, "oops, I'll have them in by X time" then she doesn't get upset.

8. MissyB

MissyB Rookie

Aug 31, 2014

I have to submit my objectives for the next week by 4pm every Friday and have to have lesson plans for at least math, reading, and writing placed in a binder on my desk every day for easy access to any administrator or board member who enters the classroom.

9. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 31, 2014

They are checked twice a year and we get detailed feedback. This year we are uploading them to a shared drive, so I guess they could check at any time, but we have two dates scheduled for the year.

10. cutelilram

cutelilram Rookie

Sep 1, 2014

We have to hand in lesson plans but it is not on a regular basis. It is more like a "Gotcha" thing at my school. If a teacher does not have the plans when they are spontaneously asked for, the teacher gets a letter in their file which stays there for three years. My school is all about "Gotcha". This includes conference notes and assessment binders.

11. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2014

We have to submit them at my new school, but we submit as a grade level. They're really simple- learning targets are listed and we just list our main activities for each subject. This is the first time I've ever had to submit them.

12. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 1, 2014

This is technically what we are supposed to do as well, but no one has ever checked and we are still required to submit detailed sub plans when we are sick.

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 1, 2014

Same here.

14. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Sep 1, 2014

I also wanted to add that we are supposed to have an entire week of detailed emergency plans along with any materials/copies needed for the plans in a file in the main office. Fortunately, I never used mine from last year and "rescued" my plans/worksheets from the office before they were tossed. So, I'm good for this year. :)

15. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

We have to submit very general ones on oncourse. It kicks out a list on Tuesday morning of who didn't do them. We then get a reminder. No one reads them though. In theory you could leave them blank and just click the submit button.

16. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2014

10 school days must be on desk Monday at 7:30.
    5 days of what will be covered and a very rough 5 days of what you plan to cover.

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 1, 2014

I didn't check yes or no because sometimes we have to submit them but it just depends on when they ask. As a general rule we're supposed to have 2 weeks of plans. If they want to see the 2 weeks worth we will be told ahead of time. If someone comes into our rooms for an observation then the day's plan should be on the desk or somewhere easily accessable.

18. queenie

queenie Groupie

Sep 2, 2014

We have to turn in plans for the week by Monday at 7:30 am every week or the P sends someone around to ask where they are.

19. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Sep 2, 2014

We used to only have to submit them for our first 3 years. Now we all have to submit them in Google, just in case of an emergency.

20. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2014

We have to have the week's available on Monday, but in 7 years no one has ever asked to see mine (and that included when I was a first year teacher--maybe that's a slight hint as to why that P wasn't back the next year!).