So I'm going into my 3rd year of teaching. My first year was rough and I did not get asked back so I do not have a good reference from her. I finally found a principal that would give me another chance and I started doing a lot better (started getting highly effective in my reviews and a great reference) . This year we got a new principal. Since the year has started we've had 4 teachers displaced. She told me last week that they still have 30 empty seats at school and im next in seniority to be displaced. She expected a call that day from the district but it never came. It's been 3 days and no call but she thinks ill be displaced. Personally I can deal with it but I have 2 kids that go to school with me so it's very heartbreaking because if I move, so do they. So my question is should I just wait to see if I do get displaced (which might not come) or do I look for a new school that way I at least go to the school I want me kids at? If I get displaced there is no guarantee where ill go. If I look for a job I have to go through the awkward moment of telling her and I'm scared of getting another bad reference.