Digital Technology in History

Discussion in 'Sixth Grade' started by Naila Abidi, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Naila Abidi

Naila Abidi New Member

Dec 15, 2015

My class VI love using technology while doing history. I have incorporated a lot of research based teaching but I would like to have suggestions from teachers what other technology can I use to make history fun for my 11 years old?

3. fjaravata

fjaravata Rookie

Dec 15, 2015

Check out what our 5th and 6th grade History teacher has done with Minecraft
    and there are a lot great projects using SCRATCH. Check them out when you can.

Fred

4. Keith Schoch

Keith Schoch New Member

Nov 26, 2016

Hstry is a timeline creating site that is very engaging for teachers and students alike. In addition to creating time lines, students can also use the format to present research findings on any nonfiction topic.

5. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Nov 28, 2016

The Internet is an excellent source for pictures, not just historic portraits, but even photos of the land area where something occurred. I also integrate the arts into all of my subjects. Museum websites offer an abundant supply of visual art and websites can be found with auditory samples of music or musical instruments from the corresponding time period. I find that the available wealth of information creatively enhances the classroom content, and personally, I believe such divergent resources add to brain growth, not only in the subject being taught but in preparation for further learning of any subject.