Digital Student Portfolios

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by KinderCowgirl, Jul 19, 2014.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 19, 2014

Does anyone do digital portfolios for students? I have used my class website to do it for the past few years, but I know there must be a better way. I'm looking for something where I can upload pics of their work and then maybe even have them record a sentence about what they did. :help:

3. teachart

teachart Comrade

Jul 19, 2014

Hmm I use artsonia but that's just for art portfolios.

4. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Jul 19, 2014

I don't know it this is what your looking for but we used voice thread as part of our pumpkin project. Students uploaded a photo and could record a comment.

http://voicethread.com/

5. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2014

No but I wish we did. We do old fashioned paper ones and they are a big pain. No notable work ever gets sent home because it needs to go with the "portfolio" that travels from grade to grade (yet teachers never look back at the child's 1st grade portfolio in 2nd, 3rd or 4th grade, etc)

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 21, 2014

What about using Keynote or Powerpoint? The photos could be a slide with recorded narration and at the end of the year it can be converted into a movie file. It's fairly easy and if you use a Mac you could also get assistance from the Apple Store. They have free workshops and you can sign up for 1:1 tutorials. Its a great idea and always nice to share with families.

7. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 22, 2014

How about something like LiveBinder or Prezi. My 2nd graders did several Prezi projects this year. Some were in small groups and some were individual. It takes a little bit to help them set it up, but after you do small groups with them, they seem to have them down.
    LiveBinder is a little easier to put documents in, but it was a little more difficult for my kids to use.
    Both can be set up where they are private, and only those you share the links with can see them.

8. Organic Poppy

Organic Poppy Rookie

Jul 22, 2014

Evernote

Evernote on the ipad allows you to import pictures and would give students space to write below it.

9. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jul 23, 2014

I use the paid version of Weebly for my classroom webpage. The subscription allows for students to create their own password-protected webpages. I want them to use this space as an online portfolio. Weebly is super easy to use, too.

10. wolfievonsnap

wolfievonsnap New Member

Jul 28, 2014

I found an ipad app/website called freshgrade that is an electronic student portfolio. Parents can access from home too. I'm planning to try it this year. There is another one called "SNAP", but I had trouble with the ipad app and decided on freshgrade.

11. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 29, 2014

Three Ring is an app that allows you to take photos and upload them right into the website to make digital portfolios.