Didn't Like Me?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Suburban Gal, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Feb 16, 2009

One principal just E-Mailed me back and said:

So what does that mean!?!? He didn't like me?

I think I need to find some [​IMG] now.

If the online application system helps them "maintain the best candidate pool possible" then why is it I, and even other great candidates, get overlooked so often?

I like the online systems because it makes it nicer to apply and am sure it helps them maintain things a little better, but I think everyone who applys to that is just in a big old database in which you may or may not be looked at ... kinda like the pile of résumés and portfolios sitting on a desk somewhere. Am I right? :unsure:

There are 100s if not 1000s of applicants out there vying for just that ONE job. How on Earth does being in a stack do anyone any good or make their job any easier in maintaining a best candidate pool possible?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 16, 2009

I didn't read that email that way at all.

To me, it sounds like the principal liked the sound of your resume and wants you to apply. He or she is implying that YOU would be part of their amazing candidate pool.

Filling out those online apps is part of the game, so that's why we play it. I emailed principals just like you're doing, and nearly all of them told me to fill out the online app as an official first step. Luckily for me, some of the principals I emailed took an interest in me based on my initial contact, so they made sure that my online app made it through the process, fast-track style.

Don't get discouraged. Keep it up. It'll pay off at some point.

(How big is the area in which you're wanting to work? Are you willing to relocate out of state?)

4. FutureFLTeacher

FutureFLTeacher Companion

Feb 16, 2009

I interpreted it the same way Cassie did, that the prinicpal was impressed with your resume and was encouraging you to apply.

It's tough out there right now, there haven't been any openings in my subject area in our district in weeks...but I'm keeping optimistic that eventually I'll have that teaching position I love!

Keep on doing what your doing, persistence is the key to eventual success! :)

5. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Feb 16, 2009

I guess I'm just so discouraged that I can't decipher anything properly anymore. My brain burned out from all this work.

I'm glad he wants me to apply on the online system, but I already did! Months ago!!! :confused:

Maybe I should've did what smalltowngal said and told everyone in the body of the E-Mail that I already applied to the district using its online system.

I was hoping to get more responses like, "I was looking over all of your information and will keep you in mind if something comes up. Did you apply using the district's online system yet? Again, thanks!"

Pretty big. I'm stretching as it is. I have online applications on file with districts up to 45 minutes away from me. (That's a 30 mile or so radius from my house.) It stretches west, north, and south of me.

Unfurtunately, I can't relocate. I don't know if I could make it on my own on para salary. And since half of paras work-partime, I know there's no way I could live on my own as a part-time para.

Besides, given my uncle is moving out next month, I can't just up and leave my mom to care for grandfather on her own.

They'd have to come with me if we relocated. My mom works for the Federal Gov't and it's not easy for her to relcotae. Federal jobs have been drastically cut under Dubyah so the jobs just aren't there anymore.

It's possible we may end up relocating to AZ in 2011 though after I've completed my Master's. Dunno. Mom's checked thejobsout that way and it seems pretty promising like she may be able to get something out that way once and if we do relocate.

6. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Apr 13, 2009

I know how you feel about getting the generic email responses back from principals when you are hoping, as you open it, that there will be some good news inside.

I emailed a bunch of principals and stated that I would like to introduce myself since I would not be able to attend the job fair (distance). The response included, "I hope you make excellent connections at the job fair." argh one of the frustrations of the process, I suppose.

7. BerniceBobs

BerniceBobs Comrade

Apr 13, 2009

Didn't like you? That's simply not possible.
    Don't give up hope Sub Gal. It's good to see you again, however, I wish it were under more fortunate circmumstances.
    I know your dream job is just a heart beat away.

8. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 13, 2009

I had to laugh. Sorry. :D You were so pathetic in that first post and I read it as a compliment too (or a form letter, hard to tell). Poor you. :hugs: You do need some fizzy tablets and a breather. Let's take a break. See if you can figure these sentences out.

:banghead: +:naughty:.

(:woot::D:p:cool::lol:) + :thumb:.

The + sign is a space. It wouldn't let me put a lot of spaces between them for clarity.

9. palla

palla Companion

Apr 14, 2009

I agree. It is saying they want only the best, and the P thinks you should apply. Hang in there.

10. TampaTeacher2Be

TampaTeacher2Be Comrade

Apr 14, 2009

Personally, I wouldn't read too much into it one way or another. It sounds like a "canned" response he is sending out to all candates.

11. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Apr 14, 2009

I agree, although I dont think you sounded pathetic. The way that some of these things are worded are so vague, that sometimes it's hard to understand what they really mean.
    Good luck in your job search!

12. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 14, 2009

This thread was started in Feb. Sub. Gal has been banned from A to Z. So she won't be getting your messages.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 14, 2009

Weird how old old posts come back up to the surface now and again..and even weirder that the responses are addressed to someone who isn't around anymore...:eek::dizzy:

14. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Apr 14, 2009

Blame it on me! I was going though old posts and didn't realize how far down I was going :)

15. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Apr 14, 2009

I saw 'banned' under her name, too and just thought, "that's weird"! I didn't even look at the date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.