Did I pass?

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by Amyzon, May 19, 2017.

1. Amyzon

Amyzon New Member

May 19, 2017

Hello future teachers,
    My question is if I passed my math (score 55) and reading (45) and failed my writing, due to not enough time, do I have to retake all of them? I did not want to wait a month and paid to take the computer based testing and passed the writing (score 45) and failed the other two subtests on purpose because I had passed the other 2 from a previous test. I was told that they take the highest scores and being that I have a score of 55,45,45, and well over the 41 score to pass, I still have a status of "not yet passed." Please help me understand why.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 19, 2017

This is CBEST and an unofficial on-screen score, yes?

4. Amyzon

Amyzon New Member

May 19, 2017

Yes this is for the CBest and the result they sent me on the CBest website a month after taking the tests.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 19, 2017

That's odd. I'd recommend contacting Pearsons via the ctcexams website and politely but firmly requesting an explanation.

6. Amyzon

Amyzon New Member

May 19, 2017

I had no choice but to call them since my school did not accept me due to not passing the CBest. Could it be that I took a paper based and a computer based test and got it mixed up some how? I did pass 2 subtests on paper and 1 subtest on computer.....but anyways I called them to explained and the person said it will take 6 business days to figure this out even when the site stated I passed math, reading, and writing; but my status is still "did not passed." They did mentioned they rarely make any error since it's computerized.