Detailed Albanesi Math Curriculumn info?

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by childress, Apr 28, 2008.

1. childress

childress New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Apr 28, 2008

I'm a Montessori parent sold on the results, but still wrapping my head around the nebulousness of knowing where your kiddo is "at" due to lack of homework being sent home (don't want more work for the kiddo, but it would let me know what she's working on).

I really enjoy highlighting the practical uses of math at home with my 1st year, and I'd like to know what she's working on so I can pick out examples at home that pertain to what she's working on. She's good at reporting what she's working on in math... for a 6 1/2 year old :whistle:

Is there an online (preferred) or print resource/book that would tell me in detail what concepts are covered in "Albanesi Math Plan 3/4/5/6" etc? The only thing I've found Googling is the test kits & manipulatives.

3. Yenna

Yenna Companion

Apr 11, 2006
    Apr 29, 2008

I'm Montessori trained for Primary (3 to 6). I know what you mean about wondering what your children are doing at school since there isn't much paper work coming home.
    Do you have regular conferences with the Director, can she give you details about recent presentations? It seems to help my daughter give more info when I have specific work to ask her about. Is your daughter in elementary?
    Btw, what is Albanesi Math?