desperate need for ideas for a bulletin board

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by runnerss, Jul 16, 2008.

1. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Jul 16, 2008

I am at a new school this year. I am sure many of you are familiar with Bloom's Taxonomy. For those who aren't it is a higher order of thinkning. The bulletin board includes Knowledge, Comprehension, Apply, Analyze, Synthesize, and Evaluate. Well, I have to do a Bloom's Taxonomy bulletin board. I think it is a great idea, but my creative juices are dry. I need your help! I have seen some teachers do a flower theme. The middle part of the flower may have Comprehension, and the petals have key words or phrases for Comprehension. But I want to be a little more original. Anyone have any ideas?

3. Edelweiss

Edelweiss Rookie

Jul 16, 2008

Do you have a theme for the rest of your classroom? If so, you could do something that relates to it. For example, if your theme is "sports" you could do a baseball diamond with each position (home, first base, pitcher's mound, etc.) representing the different tenets.

4. teach_each1

teach_each1 Comrade

Jul 16, 2008

what about steps..."stepping up to success"

you could label the steps with the HOTS and even have room to put a student example (photo or paper)

5. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 16, 2008

What about building a house and starting from the ground up (I would make each section a different color and you could write key words in each section)...Foundation could be knowledge, bricks could be comprehension, windows/door could be application (you can see through windwos so you can see how to apply it), roof could be analysis, chimney could be synthesis, smoke could be evaluation.

Just a thought. We did someting like this in my masters class a while back.

6. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Jul 16, 2008

Thank you! These are great suggestions!

7. PowerTeacher

PowerTeacher Comrade

Jul 16, 2008

I put "how to" examples for the different assignments we do. The kids love it.