depressed...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by teacherhoosier, Mar 5, 2011.

1. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

Mar 5, 2011

At the beginning of this school year, I landed a kindergarten job in the school district where I was previously an aide..was totally terrified in the beginning since I had previously no experience with kindergarten..the beginning was super rough, but things started to click with the kids and the school year has been good..hard, but I have started to enjoy myself and the kids...well our school corporation is consolidating and the school i am working at is closing..along with one other..the list of projected openings came out for next year (I still will have a job, which is wonderful), but no k openings..so I will be switching grade levels...at the beginning of this year, I would have been glad not to have K, but now, I'm kind of depressed that all my work this year for K resources and stuff isn't going to be able to be used.. I would still like to stay in primary-there are several 1st and 2nd grade positions...but my principal commented that she sees me more as a intermediate teacher-she's not going to be my principal next year, and she's going back into the classroom herself, so it wasn't meant to be critical...but it has me thinking...before I took this job, I saw myself teaching 3rd and 4th grades..I would like to get at least another year in teaching primary so I can make a decision on whether or not primary is for me..we have to have our top 3 choices by Monday..debating on what to do..

3. heymiss

heymiss Comrade

Mar 5, 2011

I'm sorry that your school is closing, but it's great that you're still guaranteed a position! Deciding which grade is YOU is really hard. I've taught three grades in two years and I really liked all of them for various reasons. I don't know if I could nail down my absolute favorite grade if I were forced to.

4. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

Mar 5, 2011

It is hard, isn't it? I know the principals of the other school will be talking to my principal to see where they might be a best fit..so I don't know if my principal thinks I should try for one of the intermediate positions next year...I would really like to get 1st or 2nd...I think..

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Mar 5, 2011

You might ask your P why she thinks you would be better at inter. than K.