Demo lesson plan advice for interview

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Brandylk, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Brandylk

Brandylk Rookie

Jun 23, 2018

I could use some advice on a demo lesson I have coming up. The lesson is 15 minutes for administrators with interview following; this is for a social studies position. The topic is on civics, therefore, I'm trying to come up with a lesson plan that stands out, but, that can be completed in the time frame. Ive considered analyzing a primary document. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Thanks!

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 23, 2018

Without knowing your specific standards, what about having them answer some questions from the US Citizenship test? My state made passing the citizenship test one requirement for graduation a few years back. You could open with a "pre-test" of questions from the test, discuss why everyone should know those answers, and have them research the correct answers in teams. If this doesn't fit your state standards, then select a primary document you can tie to the standards.

4. Brandylk

Brandylk Rookie

Jun 24, 2018

Thats a great idea! My state has that requirement also and this would fit nicely. Thank you for your suggestion.

5. site2017

site2017 New Member

Jun 24, 2018

My state made passing the citizenship test one requirement for graduation a few years back