Demo Lesson Introduction

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mathemagician, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Mathemagician

Mathemagician Groupie

Apr 17, 2012

So I have my first demo later this week for HS math. How would you recommend introducing myself? I have never had a demo before. Should I be tell them that I am trying to get a job there? Obviously the kids will know something is up with a random guy teaching the class and 3 admins sitting in the back. I'm sure there teacher has told them, but how have you introduced yourself for a demo?

Thanks!

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Apr 17, 2012

I would just let them know your name and the objective of the lesson and begin teaching....almost like you would do when subbing.

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 17, 2012

I agree with mopar! Just introduce yourself and get right into the lesson. :)

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 17, 2012

I think I would start with something along these lines:

"Hi everyone, I'm Mrs. Aliceacc. I'm hoping for a job here next year, and Mr. Smith was kind enough to let me teach your class for today. We'll be talking about finding the Area of a Sector. I'm so sorry I don't know your names.. could you do me a favor and let me know who you are as I call on you?? Thanks, and let's get started...."

Othewise, at some point when I asked if anyone had a question on the math, I would worry that someone would ask what I was doing there.