CSET-ART

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by nasimi77, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Artteacherelementary

Artteacherelementary New Member

Feb 5, 2019

Thank you. Great advice and that it what I gather from this blog!

2. Artteacherelementary

Artteacherelementary New Member

Feb 5, 2019

I think I have done the best in the past on writing about ceramics and photography. I am going to write in detail about the methods I used and about some artists that influenced my work, Constanin Brincusi and his use of form and Cubism to create motion in sculpture. For photography I discuss my f- stop and light ect. Also, I have also been influenced by Scott Crewdsen and his use of light and Ansel Adams in capturing landscapes to show the western space.

3. Just Art

Just Art Rookie

Feb 5, 2019

Dear TeacherGroupie,

Thank you for your advise and breaking it down to math. For the portfolio I will change the Graphite powder to Printmaking

4. ArtMiss

ArtMiss New Member

Feb 11, 2019

I will take CSET Art Subtest I in February and Subtest II in March.

Subtest I
    I have a few questions I'd love answered from people who have taken these tests. I have gathered from the CTC preparation materials that the constructed response questions on Subtest I are most likely to include 1) analysis of a non-Western work of art, 2) a simple abstract drawing 3) a cathedral/architectural example, and 4) a Classical sculpture - does this seem to be an accurate model on Subtest I? Trying to figure out what is the best use of my time to review in regard to art history. How well did people do when they were not familiar with the exact works of art on the exam but could make generalizations based on the time period in art history?

Subtest II
    Is it safe to say the perspective drawing part will be a part of Subtest II and not Subtest I?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

5. ArtMiss

ArtMiss New Member

Feb 11, 2019

Subtest II question:

For the portfolio, my plan is to show 3 acrylic paintings for depth and for breadth - hand building ceramics, a drawing (either charcoal or pencil/conte crayon) and I am trying to figure out my 3rd option for breadth - does anyone know if quilting is considered an okay medium? The arts standards do refer to it but I'm not sure. Thanks!

6. meeg

meeg Rookie

Feb 24, 2019

Hello, im taking Art Subtest 1 in about a month, I bought the CSET art book from amazon, simple question here, can i skip " Creative Expression; Connections, Relationships, and Applications; History and Theories of Learning in Art" seeing as that is only on subtest II? I'm only taking part 1 and want to hyper focus on that material. Sub test one consists of "Artistic Perception; Historical and Cultural Contextof the Visual Arts; Aesthetic Valuing." i'd hate to waste precious time studying something I wont need, at the same time I wouldn't want to ignore content that may be on the test. Is it possible some ofthe content from part 2 might be on 1? Thanks.