CSET-ART

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by nasimi77, Nov 28, 2006.

1. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 24, 2009

glocks90, my sympathies.

Be aware that you pass or don't pass the subtest as a whole - the results for the different domains and question types are advice for those who need to retake, but it's perfectly possible not to do well on one component and still pass overall.

How many plus marks are you seeing overall in constructed response? How many in multiple choice?

A leading cause of coming to grief on CSET constructed responses is not using the technical terminology - you may get some good from the glossary whose link I posted yesterday, especially if you make a point between now and the test of using those terms in daily life whenever they're even remotely applicable.

2. rokera

rokera Rookie

Apr 24, 2009

For Overall constructed response I received +++
    These books were recommend the annotated Mona Lisa and The art teachers book of lists. Do you think that these books would help with subset II?

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 25, 2009

The Annotated Mona Lisa, if the author is Strickland or something like that, is a lot of fun - definitely yes. I don't know the other one, but a number of other books of the same type from the same publisher are quite useful.

4. rokera

rokera Rookie

Apr 26, 2009

The Annotated Mona Lisa was recommended for subset 1, but I already passed subset 1. Would it be useful for subset 2?

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 27, 2009

Sounds like you need terminology having to do with art making. One would expect the Art Teacher's Book of Lists might have at least one glossary that would help; I'd recommend using it in conjunction with the Internet, though.

6. glocks90

glocks90 Rookie

Apr 27, 2009

I had a hard time comparing art with dance,

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 27, 2009

Have a look at the relevant parts of the state content standards for visual & performing arts; you'll find them at http://www.cde.ca.gov under Curriculum and Instruction.

8. glocks90

glocks90 Rookie

May 6, 2009

thanks teacher groupie, do you can i find art developmental schema information? I had a book but sold it to get gas money to get home in college> who knew

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 6, 2009

Have you tried Googling "art developmental schema"? And then Googling (or using Answers.com) from there?

10. rokera

rokera Rookie

May 7, 2009

Hi, is there a web site that list materials and tools that are used in wood, stone and metal, three dimensional art? I only studied painting, drawing and art history in college. I never had to work in any of these mediums and there listed on the study guide.

11. saucykitty

saucykitty Rookie

May 7, 2009

google files, rasps, and rifflers and you'll get some answers Good luck... I'm writing part II as well this month :)

12. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 7, 2009

I'd guess that Googling "art materials tools" would also help.

13. glocks90

glocks90 Rookie

May 11, 2009

The test is this Saturday and I am Stressing!

14. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 11, 2009

Hugs, glocks90.

Did you find the material you needed on art developmental schemata? (Schemata is the proper plural of schema. It's not my fault.) If not, then if you recall either the title of the book you sold or the authors, try Googling them: chances are pretty good that the publisher, if it's a proper textbook, will have a supporting Web site that might well have a fair bit of good information for you.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  15. glocks90

glocks90 Rookie

May 11, 2009

Oh no I had that book years ago, i dont have the time or money to get a new one. I did find a site that helped. I just need to get everything together and study which is hard with a 10 month old.