Creative ways to introduce??

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by mandijyn, Aug 30, 2009.

1. mandijyn

mandijyn Rookie

Aug 30, 2009

Hello,

I will be student teaching in a 4th grade classroom this year and I am looking for a creative way to introduce myself to my class.

I need to create and submit a lesson plan that details what I will do.

I have considered creating a "bag about me" with artifacts about my life- But many of my colleagues are doing this- and I want to do something a bit more innovative!

Ideas welcome! :)

3. kassrose

kassrose Companion

Aug 30, 2009

I did a powerpoint. It introduces students to the PP technology we will be using throughout the year and also to the SMART board.

4. traveler

traveler Comrade

Aug 30, 2009

I found this paper in files about a first day activity. It has a picture of clouds, mountains an squiggly lines under the mountains ( I am not sure if this is a plain or a river). On the clouds you write your dreams. On the mountain peaks you write some high points in your life and in the valleys, low points. In the plain (river) you write things you do every day. I am missing the second page of this lesson but I think you model a writing based on this. Then you have the kids do the same thing. They learn about you and you learn about them.
    I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but it is something I may try to do. Good luck!

5. ebarb

ebarb Rookie

Aug 31, 2009

I think the power point is a great idea- I am supposed to have a SmartBoard in my room so this would be a great way to use technology.

Are you planning on doing a star student or student spotlight? If so, then you could complete one yourself as a way to let them get to know you and it could also be a model of what they can do themselves when it's their turn.